PDA

View Full Version : Bribie Island woodcraft expo now on.

regulated
18th October 2008, 11:48 AM
Hey the Bribie and District Woodcrafters are holding its annual competition and exhibition in the Matthew Flinders Gallery. 2008 Exhibition starts 14th to 26th October, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (closed Monday 20th.

Website is http://www.bicas.org.au/woodcrafters.htm.

I'm leaving right now for it.

BJ

regulated
18th October 2008, 07:20 PM
They had a couple of tables of turned stuff, a lot of pyrography and a tonne of carved stuff. Some of it is really good. If your up the sunny coast for some reason it may pay to drop in and check it out. It was only a gold coin donation to get in.

BJ

schaf
18th October 2008, 08:15 PM
BJ, thanks for visiting , it is great to see visitors come along. The exhibition is open on a Monday. It is only the actual art gallery that is not open on mondays.
I hope that you had a great day, I was one of the baby sitters for the exhibition today from 1 pm to 4 pm and we had over 120 people through the door in that 3 hour period. During the exhibition, our workshop is open to visitors for them to look at work in progress and our setup.
Our workshop is at the back of the art center and we have 2 sheds 5 lathes 3 bandsaws and all the machines you would wish for.

Terry