PDA

View Full Version : RockQuiz- heads Up

Carry Pine
25th October 2008, 10:57 AM
Must watch RockQuiz, SBS tonight with the guy who remembers all the hits of the '80's. He has a sad story himself (it was on SBS this week) but he certainly knows his stuff.
His favourite LP - 'Xanadu'. He can't go wrong.

Graham

Andy Mac
25th October 2008, 12:24 PM
His favourite LP - 'Xanadu'. He can't go wrong.Graham
I regularly watch it, but thanks for the warning...I almost brought up the breakfast BLT thinking about that music!!:(:oo:
LOL

Cheers

Jack E
25th October 2008, 11:17 PM
Which one was he?

Cheers, Jack

Carry Pine
26th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Which one was he?

Cheers, Jack

Mark Boerebach. The guy on the left on the winning side. On the show on Wednesday night they asked him for the top 6 hits of 198something. he said' Which month. When they said the month he asked the date because the order changed during the month. He knew them in order.
Sad story. The guy was bullied almost every day at school and just went home and listened to music and made lists of hits etc. He is almost blind and has Asbergers so it was really some feat to get up in front of that audience.

Graham

Jack E
29th October 2008, 09:17 PM
Fair enough, it just didn't seem as though there was a stand out on the show.

Cheers, Jack

Carry Pine
30th October 2008, 08:08 PM
Jack,

I guess you needed to see the lead up show during the week. The contestants go through 3 rounds I think to finally get on air. During those rounds they let Mark have a bit of rein and he seemed to have a bottomless knowledge at least of eighties music.

I think it was more of an obsession than your 'average' idiot savant where these people remember what they had for breakfast 8 days after their third birthday.

Gaham

prozac
12th November 2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks Graham, I didn't realise that the 'heats' were shown mid week. Do you know day and time?