PDA

View Full Version : Newbies Projects

daff
25th October 2008, 08:24 PM
Hi everybody,
i joined a little while ago and then got caught up in my house renos, and forgot to come back :B
I bought an old house and i am restoring it by myself, Only started on the inside at this stage, and so far i have painted four rooms and a hall from top to bottom, woodwork included, i would have loved to strip all the frames and skirtings but time dosnt permit that sort of undertaking, maybe one day though :roll:,
Also I have finished three floors and close to finishing the lounge floor which is the biggest and has been the hardest to sand, i also have sanded and coated some drawers. I am almost finished coating a small robe and then i have the old dressing table to get onto. And my biggest achievement is the WIR i made...very happy with that, not up to carpenders standards i suppose but pretty darn good for me ... I hope you like the pics and i will try to drop in and chat a bit more in the futue :U
I have NO idea how to post pics so im winging it here :doh:
No didnt work sorry i will now go and read up on how to do it, i would like to post in a row like Kerry does...i shall return :roll: oops just previewed and they did work, hall before and after and same with dinning room, shall now post more :)

daff
25th October 2008, 08:43 PM
more pics for your viewing pleasure :U
WIR during and after, with an inside view, you can see in the first pic that on the right hand side is a small robe and a double door pantry, the robe is for long cloths and stuff and the pantry is now for my shoes...:; also pics the set of drawers....

WoodJunky
25th October 2008, 10:30 PM
more pics for your viewing pleasureI certainly have to agree with that comment.

you have done a great job on the wooden floors

:2tsup:keep up the good work:2tsup: and will be looking forward to some more WIP photos

tea lady
25th October 2008, 10:53 PM
:oo: Wow! Floors. I haven't seen our floors for a while. :rolleyes: Our spring clean will have to be a summer clean though. to busy. Looking veeeeeeeeery nice, Daf.:2tsup::cool:

fenderbelly
26th October 2008, 10:36 PM
Looking good daff, it was worth the nudge eh.:2tsup:

Cheers Fred

clare
29th October 2008, 04:41 PM
Beaut job Daf-just love old houses. :2tsup:

flynnsart
29th October 2008, 10:09 PM
The floor looks great:2tsup:

A pantry just for your shoes?:qMine would look lonely in there, one pair of thongs, two pair of runners, one pair of boots and one good pair (which have only been worn three times in 10 years.)

Donna

SPIRIT
29th October 2008, 10:11 PM
nice floor :UI thought it would be a different colure in here :D

daff
29th October 2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the great comments, yes fred the nudge worked :) the lounge floor is coming up lovely, 5 coats so far, it still needs a few more to really gloss it up.... I need another pantry for all my shoes, i have bought plastic shoe storers from cheap as chips, they are long and skinny with lids and stack on top of each other and fit perfectly inside the pantry and i have filled 4 of them so far ..... a girl has to have decent shoes hehe !!

Johncs
19th November 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the great comments, yes fred the nudge worked :) the lounge floor is coming up lovely, 5 coats so far, it still needs a few more to really gloss it up.... I need another pantry for all my shoes, i have bought plastic shoe storers from cheap as chips, they are long and skinny with lids and stack on top of each other and fit perfectly inside the pantry and i have filled 4 of them so far ..... a girl has to have decent shoes hehe !!

Those shoe storers are good in the shop too, for little things like glue bottles, spray cans.