PDA

View Full Version : lining for boxes?????

bob at woodheap vic
7th April 2000, 09:25 PM
Hi All I would like to line a couple of odd shaped boxes Ive made...... Heard or saw somewhere?????? some sort of PUFF ON or glue the inside and fill box with STUFF shake all around and tip out excess....??? Can anyone enlighten me as to the product/s??? Thank you.... this is not really Bob but Jan on THE WOODHEAP.

S Hayward
10th April 2000, 07:43 PM
Hi Jan
The stuff you are after I believe is called "flock" though I may be wrong. Suggest you give Graham at Southern Woodturning Supplies a call. Better still, he can be found at www.woodturning.com.au (http://www.woodturning.com.au)
He may be able to help. I'm sure some years ago John Selems from ACT Woodturning Supplies sold the stuff. He now has a place near Batemans Bay in NSW. You could look him up too. It was probably from Carba-tec or one of those mobs. If I come up with something more concrete I will be in touch.
Regards Shaun
PS The last lot of vases look great.

John Saxton
29th June 2000, 04:15 PM
Hi Jan, yeah Shaun was right in that the material you require is called "flocking"and may be accessed through an outfit called JESEN AGENCIES PTY LTD which you would have to do a search for as I don't have an address for as I bought the stuff at a woodworking show.It is available in 6 colours those being Rust,Wheat,Red,Emerald Green,Burgundy,Royal Blue.
The knack in getting a good finish is in fully sealing the area to be covered with either sanding sealer,laquer ,shellac,or polyurethane and allowing to dry of course before applying the adhesive prepatory to flocking.
The other alternative to lining wooden boxes is to use adhesive backed felt also in a similar range of colours and available at most outlets that cater for woodturning craft etc.
Hope that this is of some use to you.
Cheers

------------------
Johnno

John Saxton
1st July 2000, 03:00 PM
Hi Jan,check this site out it's another avenue for you. www.donjer.com (http://www.donjer.com)
Cheers

------------------
Johnno

[This message has been edited by (edited 02 July 2000).]