PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Turn-on BBQ-PLEASE VOTE TO PICK A DAY OR A ALL WEEKEND EVENT

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2008, 06:53 PM
Over the last week or so, there has been some discussion to have a pre Christmas Turning day or weekend and I have offered to host it :2tsup:

TTIT (Vern) from Emerald QLD has indicated that he would like to attend if possible but can only do it on the last weekend before Christmas which would be the 20th/21st of December, so we need to work out if this is feasible for everyone or do we have it earlier in the month :dunno:

Will attach a poll to this thread, so please indicate which weekend suits and we can then work it out from there :2tsup:

tea lady
27th October 2008, 09:34 PM
I can't come on the 6th or the 20th. Doing markets that I actually make money at.:rolleyes:

So if you want xmas choccy ripple cake..........:D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th October 2008, 11:55 PM
Only one choice AGAIN? :sigh:

DJ’s Timber
28th October 2008, 08:35 PM
:bump2:

Only one choice AGAIN? :sigh:

And what is it Skew?

Chipman
28th October 2008, 09:09 PM
I plan to make when ever it is!

Always a great day.

Chipman

Skew ChiDAMN!!
28th October 2008, 09:18 PM
And what is it Skew?

"Any of the above." :-

Waldo
28th October 2008, 09:26 PM
I'm heading north on the 21st, but if it's any other weekend then I'll be there. I'll get :minigun: if I turn up for the 20th.

Robomanic
28th October 2008, 09:28 PM
I'll be keeping 6th/7th & 13th/14th free.

Anybody like chocolate caramel slice?

TTIT
29th October 2008, 12:15 AM
Maybe some 'encouragement' or 'incentive' would help. This years pen-blanks will be Belyando Blackwood - hmmmmmmm!!!:U:U:U

?? bribery ?? nah, not me mate :;

Grumpy John
29th October 2008, 06:29 AM
Someone's got a birthday on the 14th :rolleyes:.

rsser
29th October 2008, 09:20 AM
Suck ;-}

DJ, you're talking a 2 day event again?

Last two options suit me but would attend only on one of the two days.

Can you also set a deadline for making the decision so folk know what lead time they'll have to plan?

DJ’s Timber
29th October 2008, 10:19 AM
Suck ;-}

DJ, you're talking a 2 day event again?

Last two options suit me but would attend only on one of the two days.

Can you also set a deadline for making the decision so folk know what lead time they'll have to plan?

If there is enough interest, yes I'll do a 2 day event.

I'm just trying to get an idea of weekends first and then once I've got that set, I'll clear the poll and start afresh with days for that weekend. So I need everyone to indicate their choice otherwise, the weekend with the most choices gets the nod, that's the whole idea of polls.

At this stage the w/end of 13th/14th is looking good, but as I said, everyone needs to vote.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th October 2008, 03:51 PM
OK, just to keep you happy DJ. :rolleyes:

My choice was based on the bribes offered. :p :D Otherwise, any day will do.

tea lady
29th October 2008, 05:06 PM
I also have a little pile of dessert woods that I fished out of the offcut bin at the Knox Woodworking shed. Prolly only big enough for pens of maybe jewelry like "what 'is name " showed us how to do an 's. I don''t know who decides what is rubbish there, but having just been to the T & www show I know this stuff is worth a small furtune and not so easy to get in Vic. As you know I don't make Pens. :whistling: So will bring it along for a xmas lucky dip. (I'm keeping the bit of purple heart though.:p And maybe a few of the other bits for emergencies.:rolleyes: )

rsser
29th October 2008, 05:31 PM
Hmm, wood sluts all about ;-}

DJ, seems we're gunna need a 'buy, sell, swap' table.

rsser
29th October 2008, 07:23 PM
Anybody like chocolate caramel slice?

Er, is the bear a Catholic?

Robomanic
30th October 2008, 01:53 PM
Er, is the bear a Catholic?

hehehe - should have known. Not like it's Rocket Surgery.

Calm
31st October 2008, 06:56 PM
OK, just to keep you happy DJ. :rolleyes:

My choice was based on the bribes offered. :p :D Otherwise, any day will do.

Hmm, wood sluts all about ;-}

DJ, seems we're gunna need a 'buy, sell, swap' table.

Unlike skew just count me in as a visitor regardless of day/weekend. I will arrange myself around whatever you decide.:2tsup::2tsup:

Ern not more demonstration mdel hollowing tools is it:D:D:p:p

Cheers

rsser
31st October 2008, 09:21 PM
Nah, I'm a SNAG ... don't force anything.

rsser
3rd November 2008, 12:53 PM
When does the ballot close DJ?

tea lady
3rd November 2008, 01:30 PM
I was thinking of bringing a table and clay and pottery tools for kids to play with so that kids can come so Tate has someone to play with. He is 6. Would other people bring kids if this was happening? (and would santa turn up too? :?:rolleyes:)

Could also be persuaded to bring pottery wheel for people to have a go on I if you want. :cool:

DJ’s Timber
3rd November 2008, 02:27 PM
When does the ballot close DJ?

I'll close it on Friday and start a new one to see if there is enough interest for the whole weekend or just the one day

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th November 2008, 08:17 PM
He is 6. Would other people bring kids if this was happening? (and would santa turn up too? :?:rolleyes:)

Does a 3 month old pup count as a playmate? :innocent:

tea lady
4th November 2008, 08:21 PM
Does a 3 month old pup count as a playmate? :innocent:

Oh yeah! Is it any good at pottery? :rolleyes::D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th November 2008, 08:32 PM
Oh yeah! Is it any good at pottery? :rolleyes::D

No... not unless you're interested in organic slip... :rolleyes:

Groggy
4th November 2008, 08:49 PM
I put down the first weekend but any will do.

DJ’s Timber
7th November 2008, 07:10 PM
All right guys and gals, I have re-set the poll for the weekend of 13th/14th.

So now I need you to all vote again to decide if we have it for one day only on the 13th or 14th or for both days

Calm
7th November 2008, 07:28 PM
I'll pick Sunday but i dont really mind.

I think one day is enough at that time of year, but if it was 2 days i may come to both.

Now sometimes i think i realy do procrastinate, but i'm not sure.

Cheers

Robomanic
7th November 2008, 07:35 PM
Count me in for Saturday. Not sure about the poll DJ, it shows the right days but says I have already voted. I signed out and back in again....:?

DJ’s Timber
7th November 2008, 08:08 PM
Have started a new poll here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=82024) as I cannot clear previous voters