PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Glass Cabinet

crystalplanet
1st November 2008, 04:04 PM
Hi all,

My husband and I are looking into building our own Glass Cabinet, I was thinking it would be rather easy seem as we have built an arcade cabinet in the past. How naive I am!!!

I am after full glass for front sides and back, with some wood paneling for the edges and glass shelves with two lights in each of the front corners for each shelf.

Would you be able to let me know if this is even possible as I have not seen it before in the shops. Or if there is someone in Western Australia who would be interested in a job like this??

Thank you,

Steff

Ibanez
18th December 2008, 07:40 PM
Hi all,

My husband and I are looking into building our own Glass Cabinet, I was thinking it would be rather easy seem as we have built an arcade cabinet in the past. How naive I am!!!

I am after full glass for front sides and back, with some wood paneling for the edges and glass shelves with two lights in each of the front corners for each shelf.

Would you be able to let me know if this is even possible as I have not seen it before in the shops. Or if there is someone in Western Australia who would be interested in a job like this??

Thank you,

Steff

?? Stephanie , once from lilydale.

Ianholc
19th December 2008, 03:31 PM
In woodwork, if you can picture it, everything is possible. Just assume that and find a way of making it true.

Wongdai
19th December 2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe try using SketchUp to draw what you are thinking, and see where it goes from there?

Christos
20th December 2008, 04:16 PM
I think that it is possible.

Christos
20th December 2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry I should have mention something more. You should be thinking in the line of the older style antiques. Frame built and the glass slides between the panelling.

I have seen this style for front and sides.