PDA

View Full Version : Birthday wishes from UBeaut

jefferson
2nd November 2008, 05:03 PM
I opened up the forum this morning and found a birthday wishes message from the forum.

A nice touch - thanks Neil and Co.

49 today. I promise to become a proficient turner before I'm 50. That may mean some more lessons from Ern, and DJ!

Jeff

rsser
2nd November 2008, 06:28 PM
Congrats Jeff.

Next year's the big one! Might be a good date for a turn-fest up your way. A keg, couple of lathes, some nice wood, a barbie.

But not in that order :-

jefferson
2nd November 2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for that Ern.

Next year this time sounds good. All I gotta do is make sure DJ doesn't slam 4 dynabolts into my concrete floor to get his VL in balance.

That said, it would be nice to get a few lathes going. All at once. Demos on spindles, bowls, lidded boxes, pens.....

I'll put the keg on, plus room for beds, assuming the new house is up. Should be, as the cook is pushing hard. Dunno about the bank though!

Jeff

Robomanic
2nd November 2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks for that Ern.

Next year this time sounds good. All I gotta do is make sure DJ doesn't slam 4 dynabolts into my concrete floor to get his VL in balance.

Jeff

Hey what's a few dynabolts between friends? :U

coffenup
2nd November 2008, 10:48 PM
happy birthday

tea lady
2nd November 2008, 11:32 PM
Happy B-day. :balloon: :cool:

So what did you get?:D

Groggy
2nd November 2008, 11:35 PM
Happy birthday!

Ad de Crom
2nd November 2008, 11:37 PM
Hey Jeff, happy birthday to you.
Next year you meet Abraham, he's a nice guy and than he tells you where you can find the mustart. :D
Cheers, Ad :cheers2:

jefferson
3rd November 2008, 08:25 AM
Tea Lady,

I was given the usual - clothes etc. Plus the VL100 a week early!

Jeff

wheelinround
3rd November 2008, 12:48 PM
Happy Birthday Jeff :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
3rd November 2008, 01:11 PM
Happy B'day Jeff...and many, many more!:2tsup:

rsser
3rd November 2008, 05:41 PM
On the Sat. of the Cup Day 'long weekend' as a by the way come Hell or high water I'll be blatting past you up the Gundowring Rd on the Fireblade at high speed. Would have done it this Sat. just past but the knee quack didn't recommend it :((

But it may well suit other forumites as there's lots to do and see up your way in combination with a turning day. Wineries, walks, restaurants, fishing, paddling on lakes etc etc.

jefferson
3rd November 2008, 07:33 PM
Ern, look after that knee. There are quite a few budding turners up this way in need of your tuition.

Jeff

Sawdust Maker
3rd November 2008, 08:16 PM
Happy B'day
To be a good turner before 50 good luck, I didn't take it up until 51, oh well

Calm
3rd November 2008, 10:44 PM
HB Jeff

PM or email me your mobile number and i will call in next time i'm up tht way.

Cheers

WoodJunky
3rd November 2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/smilies/smilie%20signs/bday3.gif

:Party: