PDA

View Full Version : Help with PT260 Planer Thicknesser

Gutta Percha
24th April 2004, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys
Firstly thanks for your input as I have occassionally referred to these forums previously for suggestions, ideas and opinions and have only got around to registering now.
I bought a new PT260 from Herless Mlb yesterday .... $795 ... can't complain about the price.
I need some help. Sounds like the same 'instruction manual' (with a bit of paper stuck over the 0.1mm error) as they've used for the past few years but they have thrown in a a new part. See the attached pic of the part below. It is about 40mm each way and is sheet metal and comes with a machine screw. The unit operates perfectly well without it but I would like to know where it belongs.

Also while I have the attention of some experienced PT260 users: as passing wood thru the thicknesser I'm finding the wood often 'stalls unless helped along. Is this normal or is there some tweaking I can do on the feed roller. ie more pressure?

I did a good comparison with the WL392 which i would have preferred to buy but at this price (and weight) I couldn't go past this unit.

journeyman Mick
24th April 2004, 09:56 PM
Just a wild guess.... looks like an el-cheapo blade height setting gauge. The radiused section would sit over the cutter block and the knife raised to sit up in the recess. If no one else comes up with a more sensible alternative try it for size.

Mick

Gutta Percha
24th April 2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks journeyman
I just went out to sus it out
I think you're right on the money It straddles the gap perfectly and the indent just touches the blade
Thanks
GP

journeyman Mick
24th April 2004, 10:51 PM
Now we just need to work out where the screw is missing from.:)

Mick

gatiep
25th April 2004, 01:18 AM
Have u put some paraffin wax on the base, to make the timber slide? If not, then that is the reason for the timber not feeding. Just pull a piece of paraffin wax zig zag over the base and she'll be fine mate!
Cya
Joe