PDA

View Full Version : Leda h-1000 lathe

Taffy64
10th December 2008, 09:49 AM
Hi there,

I have just joined in the hope that the combined experience here can assit me in making more than sawdust and splinters - my usual result.

I have just bought a LEDA H-1000 LATHE on Grays Online and need to collect it tomorrow or Friday.

Can anyone give me the overall sizes and weight of the lathe please. Also it would help to know if it can be dismantled at all.

Thanks and I hope to be able to contribute over time.

tea lady
10th December 2008, 09:52 AM
We have one at the club. Not sure of the model, but it is one large lump of metal. And doesn't come apart. Has handy cupboards underneath though. So you might need a trailer and a few mates.:C :shrug: But I'm not sure of the model, as I said.:)

DJ’s Timber
10th December 2008, 10:20 AM
If it's the same as the one shown here (http://www.machines4u.com.au/view/?advert_id=6348) then I'd say it would be around the 150 to 250 kilo mark and approximately 1 1/2 mts long x 0.3mt wide x 1.2mt high.

Bed does look to unbolt from the stand, would be a simple matter of slipping the belt carefully off the Reeves pulley without force as these are usually fragile and the stand could then be unbolt to collapse it into a more compact unit for transport.

If the main bed was to be unbolted from the stand, 2 reasonably strong blokes could mange it fairly easy.

Ed Reiss
10th December 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi there,

I have just joined in the hope that the combined experience here can assit me in making more than sawdust and splinters - my usual result.

I have just bought a LEDA H-1000 LATHE

Woodturner hell has claimed another victim!:doh:

Welcome to the forums, Taffy:2tsup:

joe greiner
10th December 2008, 10:25 PM
The lathe pictured in DJ's link appears to be a twin sister to Grizzly's G1495. See http://www.grizzlyindustrial.com/ for downloadable manuals and such, by entering [G1495] in the search box. Grizzly specifies 110V/220V and speed range of 500 - 3070 rpm. At 50Hz (vz. 60Hz American), Oz speeds should be about 420 - 2560 rpm.

Welcome aboard, Taffy. Now you can make perfectly round firewood - our usual first results.

Joe

orificiam
11th December 2008, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Taffy i'm shure you'll receive all the expert advice from all the
members here all you'll have to do is ask.Happy Turning.
Cheers Tony.:B

Corrie
2nd August 2019, 09:00 AM
Thanks

brainstrust
7th August 2019, 11:38 PM
Detective Sergeant GOOGLE is your friend and is happy to help anyone :doh: