PDA

View Full Version : Melb turners: TTIT barbie

rsser
17th December 2008, 03:34 PM
Vern's down for Xmas and will join Melb forum turners for a barbie at my place in Reservoir on Sat night.

So far we have , GJ, Thumbsucker and Skew.

There's a few more I can cater for.

Can someone give Skew a lift from Croydon?

As it happens, turning a bead on a bowl might be the subject of the night :-

dai sensei
17th December 2008, 09:31 PM
Another one, great to see, shame I can't be there :C

Cliff Rogers
18th December 2008, 09:57 AM
Another one, great to see, shame I can't be there :C

Me too. :(

rsser
18th December 2008, 10:16 AM
If Rodent were around he could set up streaming video. A virtual barbie ;-}

OGYT
18th December 2008, 10:50 AM
I'm eatin' my heart out.

Cliff Rogers
18th December 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm eatin' my heart out.
You want fries with that? :D

Grumpy John
21st December 2008, 08:45 AM
To all and sundry this is a disclaimer.
Whatever Ern says about a damaged closed vessel is a lie, it was like that when I picked it up, it was too thin, it was going to crack anyway, he never was going to finish it, can you get fingerprints off wood, if there's no photos it didn't happen. Besides I wasn't the one going around knocking over and breaking glasses of red.

Thanks for a great evening Ern, good food (esp. chocolate ripple cake), good fun and once again proves he can pick up literally any tool and make things look so easy.

It pays to get up early and get in first :D.

RETIRED
21st December 2008, 09:50 AM
Good night. Thanks Ern, the good host as always.
Vern is no longer a Choccy ripple cake virgin and we may see the trend continue Northwards.

I know nothing about the clumsiness of some some people.:oo::no::roll::;

rsser
21st December 2008, 12:46 PM
A pleasure guys ...

except for the noise of a fine rim cracking.

But it could happen to anyone John. Don't sweat.

That's why the half the workshop will be roped off next time you come ;-}

It was great to catch up with Vern and Evan; and to swap tips and techniques all around. Thanks for the tute .

In the pic from

Vern, Clumsy, , Evan and Skew.

Ed Reiss
21st December 2008, 01:09 PM
What a Motley Crue!:doh::o

Texian
21st December 2008, 01:14 PM
Great looking group there Ern. Next time send your jet to pick me up. And leave room to haul a lot of wood on the way back (to here, with me and the wood).

Groggy
21st December 2008, 01:25 PM
"Clumsy"? Did something happen you're not telling us about? :D

Grumpy John
21st December 2008, 01:30 PM
"Clumsy"? Did something happen you're not telling us about? :D

To quote Jim from The Vicar of Dibley "no no no no no .........yes.

And you're right I'm not telling :rolleyes:.

Groggy
21st December 2008, 01:43 PM
And you're right I'm not telling :rolleyes:.Sounds like a cracking good time was had by all. Well, John at least. :)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st December 2008, 03:29 PM
Aye, 'twas a pleasantly spent evening. Good food, good company, tall tales and a bit of turning. What more could one ask for? As has been said, there was even Choccy Ripple Cake! :woot:

'Twas good to see Vern and to meet Evan for the first time. Bet it won't be the last meet for him, either!

A BIG thanks for hosting it, Ern. :2tsup:

In the pic from

I know we started with turning small beads which grew bigger aas the night progressed... but I didn't think they were that big! (And I don't recall "texturing" them... :;)

Calm
21st December 2008, 03:30 PM
Well he works at bunnies and most everything from there breaks so what do you expect.:D:D

Cliff Rogers
21st December 2008, 03:34 PM
:2tsup:

tea lady
21st December 2008, 09:22 PM
So now a small select bunch know how to turn beads. But where's the tutorial? :C:rolleyes:

:D

Cliff Rogers
21st December 2008, 10:42 PM
...But where's the tutorial?....

I think you had to be there. :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
22nd December 2008, 12:49 AM
Even some who attended missed it, due to all the pith-taking. :rolleyes:

Evan Pavlidis
22nd December 2008, 03:50 AM
Aye, 'twas a pleasantly spent evening. Good food, good company, tall tales and a bit of turning. What more could one ask for? As has been said, there was even Choccy Ripple Cake! :woot:

'Twas good to see Vern and to meet Evan for the first time. Bet it won't be the last meet for him, either!

A BIG thanks for hosting it, Ern. :2tsup:

I know we started with turning small beads which grew bigger aas the night progressed... but I didn't think they were that big! (And I don't recall "texturing" them... :;)

Definitely not the last meet for me :D, too good a night to miss...thanks for having us Ern, and good to meet up with the forumites.

(I'm still drooling over the stubby, beautiful machine and the other stubbies went down well :D.)

Cheers, Evan

rsser
23rd December 2008, 12:35 PM
Not talking about Vern's shorts Evan? :rolleyes: The food wasn't that bad :wink:

TL, offer of a bowl-turning session down here is always open.

And I must thank Vern for being Santa for the night. We got some nice bits of sequestered carbon from Central Qld.