PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Maple

MAPLEMAN
10th January 2009, 12:59 AM
Mapleman will be attending all Working With Wood shows this year.We have Qld Maple.Maple Silkwood,Qld Walnut,Northern Silky Oak presently in stock.See you there!:)

Mulgabill
17th January 2009, 10:24 AM
Mapleman will be attending all Working With Wood shows this year.We have Qld Maple.Maple Silkwood,Qld Walnut,Northern Silky Oak presently in stock.See you there!:)
Will you be down in Melb in 16-18 Oct,2009??

MAPLEMAN
17th January 2009, 03:34 PM
Will you be down in Melb in 16-18 Oct,2009??
Be there with bells on! Can't wait,see you there Mulgabill.:)

Mulgabill
17th January 2009, 04:02 PM
Be there with bells on! Can't wait,see you there Mulgabill.:)
Like wise Mapleman, If you need a hand with anything when the time comes, I'm only too please to help, as I will more than likely be there doing the occasional demonstration for our club.

SpiritFlutes
31st May 2009, 07:54 PM
Hey Mapleman,

Matt here the flute maker, got some wood off you at the Brissy show the other week, geez love that silkwood. What other names is it known by ans can I get more soon possibly slabs?

You take care Mate

Matt

Mulgabill
31st May 2009, 09:16 PM
Mapleman has not logged onto the forum since 8th Feb 2009!!

MAPLEMAN
5th July 2009, 08:47 PM
Hey Mapleman,

Matt here the flute maker, got some wood off you at the Brissy show the other week, geez love that silkwood. What other names is it known by ans can I get more soon possibly slabs?

You take care Mate

Matt
Hi Matt,glad you liked the Silkwood.It also is known as Maple Silkwood,Rose Maple. This species grows north of about Townsville in coastal and highland rainforests.It also is found in New Guinea,unlike Queensland Maple.Genus is Flindersia,Species is Pimenteliana.Will send photos of some beautifully figured slabs as soon as possible.Cheers mate:2tsup:MAPLEMAN

Wooden Mechanic
5th July 2009, 09:00 PM
Hey MAPLEMAN,

Will you be attending the Perth show coming up in August.
Have plans for a tool Chest and would love to get some figured maple for the drawers.

Harlan

MAPLEMAN
5th July 2009, 09:38 PM
Hey MAPLEMAN,

Will you be attending the Perth show coming up in August.
Have plans for a tool Chest and would love to get some figured maple for the drawers.

Harlan
Don't think so as i have recently moved to the Sunshine coast[Sth Qld] and will be selling my Queensland Maple from a shed near Woodford,about an hours drive north of Brisbane.As much as i love Perth,the distance is a bit too far to travel.Can always freight the Queensland Maple to you though!!Will let you know if my plans change,regards MAPLEMAN:2tsup: