PDA

View Full Version : Combo machine on ebay.

tea lady
11th January 2009, 12:18 PM
OH&S would have fun with this if nothing else.:rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190277753670&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Ed Reiss
11th January 2009, 12:41 PM
That guy in Belize might like it!!:doh:

NeilS
11th January 2009, 03:37 PM
Hmmm...might do better listed under 'tools of torture', if there is such a category

Neil

Woodturnerjosh
11th January 2009, 07:12 PM
Is it just me or does it look like he's painted all the bare steel bits, like the table tops and saw blades, with white paint? :doh:

tea lady
11th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Is it just me or does it look like he's painted all the bare steel bits, like the table tops and saw blades, with white paint? :doh:
They look like they are made out of perspex or something. Slightly less damage that way perhaps?:hmm::rolleyes:

Robomanic
11th January 2009, 11:23 PM
Looking at the tool rest at the far right hand end of a couple of those pictures, maybe it is blue sprayed over cream? Worries me a bit that this stuff makes it to the mold in the first place but that has of course been discussed in detail elsewhere...

Edit: Weighs 50kg, so there must be some metal in there somewhere.

Rum Pig
12th January 2009, 02:55 PM
It look to me light PVC pipe :oo:

At least it would be cheap to replace :D

It will be interesting to see how much they get for it:?

davehowe
26th January 2009, 07:31 PM
No, it's not perspex or white paint, it is actually airframe paint on all the flat or working surfaces and blades, the rest is blue enamel. It was all media blasted before all the coatings went on. How do I know this? I got it! I was looking for something that would cost little so I too could have a go at wood turning, the worst that could happen is it goes back on e-b.
For the time being it can sit in the shed until after the Bendigo wood show where I will go and get some ideas and tools.
Question is I have 2 motors, 1 @ 1400 rpm and 1 @ 2800, which one?

tea lady
26th January 2009, 09:14 PM
No, it's not perspex or white paint, it is actually airframe paint on all the flat or working surfaces and blades, the rest is blue enamel. It was all media blasted before all the coatings went on. How do I know this? I got it! I was looking for something that would cost little so I too could have a go at wood turning, the worst that could happen is it goes back on e-b.
For the time being it can sit in the shed until after the Bendigo wood show where I will go and get some ideas and tools.
Question is I have 2 motors, 1 @ 1400 rpm and 1 @ 2800, which one?

Well good for you. :2tsup:I think the Horse power might be just as important (not that I am an expert. :shrug: ) and then you adjust the speed with pulley thingies. (Why did they paint the blades too? :hmm: ) I'm sure an actual expert will be along shortly.:D

Welcome to our forum BTW.:cool:

RETIRED
27th January 2009, 08:14 AM
1400 rpm

nalmo
27th January 2009, 09:46 PM
Paint makes the blood easier to wipe off.

Please be careful & build some sort of guards for the blades & pulleys.