PDA

View Full Version : Guess what turned up today? [minor gloat]

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th January 2009, 04:50 PM
As many know, I won the forum prize-draw #53(?) or 52 or whatever; some supplies from Jim Carroll. After much perusal of his home page (http://www.cws.au.com/) and finally placing an order, what should I discover on my doorstep at lunchtime today?

A Nova live-centre system The Trugrind tool sharpening system and the Woodcut sturdy rest to go with the Trugrind.

I've almost as big a grin on my dial as I had when I was first notified. :D Pity I gotta wait until this evening before I can play with 'em...

Once again, many thanks to Jim Carroll and mr Anon! :2tsup:

Gra
13th January 2009, 04:57 PM
Could have been worse, it could have been Jim himself (then you would have to feed him:D)

Congrats Skew, could think of a more deserving guy. and a big thumbs up to Jim and Anon:2tsup:

wheelinround
13th January 2009, 05:01 PM
:no: didn't happen no :photo2:

rsser
13th January 2009, 05:13 PM
Luverly!

Look forward to posts of superlative pieces now possible ;-}

(But speak to GJ about the machining of the socket on the Nova centre system).

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th January 2009, 05:36 PM
Luverly!

Oh, I dunno! :think: I suspect it's going to take me some time to become inured to using consistent bevels.

First thing I checked, better than GJ's but not perfect. 'Tis still better than what I'm using now... the bearings in one tail-spur have siezed, converting it into a dead-centre, and have compacted in another, converting it into a Wobbly Random Elliptical-Centre (Knurl Enhancing) Device. More than one piece has been WRECKED(tm) with it. :rolleyes:

The last one makes it easy to align my tailstock though... bring it up to the headstock and then wobble the tail-spur until it kisses. :innocent:

Grumpy John
13th January 2009, 05:37 PM
Luverly!

Already sent a PM Ern. Thought I'd keep it off the forum :tapedshut: until I hear back from Jim.

rsser
13th January 2009, 05:49 PM
Skew, with your old live centre who needs an eccentric chuck??

There's an ebay opportunity there for you ;-}

Waldo
13th January 2009, 10:24 PM
So you won my prize! :gaah:

:2tsup:

Ed Reiss
14th January 2009, 01:26 AM
Some guys have all the luck!!!:o:C:~:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
17th January 2009, 08:20 PM
I'm not jealous :no: really I'm not :C c'mon someone should believe me :q