PDA

View Full Version : Tenon Jig using triton workcentre

jow104
15th May 2004, 07:29 PM
I needed to tenon a large number of rails for 4 planter stands and made up this very easy jig for work on the triton workcentre table. Its so easy it must have been done before.
I fastened a length of 2x1 to the mitre plate with a nut and bolt, I then ran the 2x1 through the workcentre saw, this provided the exact cutting saw position. Then take a tape measure and meaure back to were you want the stop positioned.
This means that the triton saw fence is not required so longer lengths than provided for on the table can be used.
The saw blade can be set to your cutting depth, and blade cover can most probably still be used if not cutting very wide tenons.

This jig must also work for cross cutting with a sliding stop block end for measurement requirements. The reason for wanting to use this method of crosscutting means that the waste bag can stay in place under the table which is a bit of abind to remove and then replace again.
I do have the sliding table extension, but tend only to set it up when cutting large sheets of timber.

Driver
16th May 2004, 11:41 AM
Woody

That's a good design: simple and effective. Well done!

Col

jow104
25th May 2004, 06:08 PM
I have finished my 4 planters which needed 64 M/T joints and using the homemade jig I pictured above, I thought I would add another picture showing the standard of joint that is obtained using my workcentre .

Driver
25th May 2004, 08:05 PM
Good work, well done.

How did you cut your mortises?

Col

jow104
26th May 2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks Driver for the compliment.

If you type in the SEARCH box "mortise Jig" when the page appears you will see the item lower down the page under "mortise jig simple version" dated 24th Feb 2004.

The jig works well because I insert a centre pointed bit in the router which is then aligned with the centre line of my workpiece (mortise) I then set the distance piece with the two wing nuts and any stop ends I use clamps with blocks placed and marked on the jig for future repitition. Replace the centre bit with sized cutter and watch out for dust!!