PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Adjustable Clamping Levers

Mulgabill
12th February 2009, 07:57 PM
I need help in sourcing (preferable in north subs of Melb.) the Adjustable Clamping Lever for a older lathe. The lever which locks the tail stock in place similar to below.
Thanks in anticipation of you responses.

China
12th February 2009, 08:39 PM
Try here http://www.dana-ridge.com.au/content/elesa.asp

Mulgabill
12th February 2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks China! I was hoping for something a little closer to Melb. but in the absence of any other sources, I will make a phone call, but describing what exactly I need may be a problem.

Woodturnerjosh
12th February 2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Mulgabill,
I believe they're called a Kipp handle/lever and you should be able to get them or order them from any good fastener store. You might even give a Blackwoods a call if there are any near you, I'm not sure if they would have them but they could be worth a try.
Cheers
Josh

Woodwould
13th February 2009, 07:52 AM
They're called 'adjustable clamping levers' and are specified by being male/female, the thread count and if male, the thread length.

Dana-Ridge sell the excellent German Elesa range, but their prices are very high. If the thread on your handle is metric, you could try Bolts & Industrial Supplies (https://www.bolt.com.au/index.php?cPath=2285).

ElizaLeahy
13th February 2009, 08:40 AM
I've got two. But you can't have them, sorry. They are holding my tail and toolrest in place.

Not much help, am I?

Good luck with your search.

Mulgabill
13th February 2009, 03:22 PM
Eliza!!!!!
First you build up a guys hope, and then....... you dash them:U:U

ElizaLeahy
13th February 2009, 05:05 PM
Eliza!!!!!
First you build up a guys hope, and then....... you dash them:U:U

Yes, I'm female.

joe greiner
13th February 2009, 10:17 PM
My OEM supplier calls them "Adjustable Handles." Include that nomenclature in your telephone inquiries.

Cheers,
Joe

Mulgabill
14th February 2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Woodwould, Joe and Eliza! and others for your interest.
I have sourced the "Clamping Handle" from Bolts & Industrial Supplies in Brisbane. They have a great range of that sort of products.