PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Clairvoyant with no foresight

bitingmidge
22nd May 2004, 10:15 AM
Today, I opened a letter addressed to the former owner of our house.

I do this from time to time to advise anyone of importance that sadly he passed away three years ago, would they please stop sending their account to this address, and no I have no idea where he is currently resting.

This one is special though. It is from a "Clairvoyant Numerologist Medium, Dowser, Mage , Spirit, from an industrial park address in Singapore who is telling Reg (not his real name) that his numbers are about to come up (subject of course to her analysing the numbers on his Visa Card). As I said, his number came up a couple of years ago (presumably when she was having a well earned nap), and the only way we are going to get this message to it's rightful recipient is to call apon her powers as a Medium.

Now if she is no better at being a medium than she is as a clairvoyant, we are not going to get the message through to poor old Reg.

So what do I do now? Find another medium? Pretend to be Reg, give her my Card and wait for "that blessed day when I announce to them that they can win what they really desire", or perhaps wait for her "totally free surprising gift to arrive" before declaring my dishonest intent?

Over to you dear woodworking community.....I need advice and I need it now!!

Robert WA
22nd May 2004, 04:24 PM
You may have "no stings attached" but I will lay odds that your clairvoyant has a few. I think I would be sending an enemy's card number.

Iain
23rd May 2004, 11:18 AM
Might I suggest a visit to this gentleman, hater of all charlatans, mediums, debunker of myths and official loather of John Edward and his ever consuming passion to rip off the grieving relatives of recently deceased.
He probably even knows the medium in question and does offer a US$1,000,000:00 prize to anyone who can prove their powers, so far this has not been claimed.
Meet the amazing Pigasus, the flying pig (yes, pigs can fly, just ask Randi).

http://www.randi.org/

dzcook
23rd May 2004, 10:39 PM
my mother got a letter from the same women about 2 wks ago said that she hadnt given her her lucky numbers
hmm she couldnt guess my mothers numbers
must be really good clairvoyet

Zed
24th May 2004, 09:14 AM
I cant help with mediums etc (sorry) in my opinion if you cant measure or touch it - it probably aint real.

However in reference to the "amazing randy" dude there is another web site which is worth a read which I share with you now, this site is called "bad astronomy". For what its worth I like the site and have swapped an e-mail or 2 with the owner...

www.badastronomy.com

site name is self explanitory really...

cheers big ears

MrFixIt
24th May 2004, 11:54 PM
Hi

Today, I opened a letter addressed to the former owner of our house.
This one is special though. It is from a "Clairvoyant Numerologist Medium, Dowser, Mage , Spirit, from an industrial park address in Singapore who is telling Reg (not his real name) that his numbers are about to come up (subject of course to her analysing the numbers on his Visa Card).

Don't worry about the letter, throw it away it's a scam! I received a similar letter s few weeks ago.

If you do a search on the australian consumer affairs web site (don't recall the url) you will find references to these letters by this scam artist under various names. DON"T issue yours or any other credit card number, DON'T send ANY money at all.

Kev Y.
25th May 2004, 12:22 AM
IF mediums, clarevoyants etc are SOOO gifted, why do they always ask what they can do for you? :eek:

And why would you go to a medium when you are a large??????

journeyman Mick
25th May 2004, 01:12 AM
IF mediums, clarevoyants etc are SOOO gifted, why do they always ask what they can do for you? :eek:

Bit like the various companies that ring me up (average about 1 a month) trying to sell horse betting programs. If they're that great why aren't:
a) the developers kicking back on the beach and enjoying their winnings rather than bothering to try to flog it off to me for a "measly" "investment" of a few thousand dollars?
b) the telemarketers making their fortunes at the racetrack instead of telemarketing?

Mick

MrFixIt
25th May 2004, 03:01 PM
Hi
IF mediums, clairvoyants etc are SOOO gifted, why do they always ask what they can do for you?
FWIW, there are some VERY talented clairvoyants out there. Along a similar line, I had a VERY GOOD palmist read my palms, she read my life through my palms as though she was reading it from a book or a diary. Even though I associate with such "alternate" people, this palmist just absolutely amazed me.

FWIW again, Ouija (weegee) boards are something that SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. I had dabbled with this many years ago (with my mother), when I was 18-20yo. We used lettered cards. The last time I did this, the glass went around the table and PUSHED EVERY CARD OFF THE TABLE, this was quite an experience. I don't dabble anymore!

Iain
25th May 2004, 05:22 PM
Mr Fixit, there are some very good cold readers out there, just chuck in a few options and the other party will take the bait every time.
There is a good book called Flim Flam which explains how it is all done, including the Ouja board.
Just like the magician who offers the cards, you will always take the card he wants you to take, even if you take the card you think he does not want you to take.
If clairvoyants are so good why is it they never seem to make a correct prediction with any accuracy, just a mere generalisation then claim accuracy later after the event.
I predict that the Pope will die soon, there's accuracy for you.

ozwinner
25th May 2004, 06:20 PM
Ooohwa

I just had a vision about all of yous.
You all need to send me money, for...........for........ahhh......mmmm...... oh yeah. to make yous all feel better, thats it.

Cheers, Al the all seeing. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/blackeye/Monkey_wink.gif

MrFixIt
25th May 2004, 06:29 PM
Hi
Mr Fixit, there are some very good cold readers out there, just chuck in a few options and the other party will take the bait every time.
There is a good book called Flim Flam which explains how it is all done, including the Ouja board.
Sure, I agree with you there are many more charlatans out there.

Just like the magician who offers the cards, you will always take the card he wants you to take, even if you take the card you think he does not want you to take.The sign of a good magician :D

If clairvoyants are so good why is it they never seem to make a correct prediction with any accuracy,The good ones do give quite accurate information, much better than generalisation, however not good enough (AFAIK) to predict the lottery numbers.

While I agree there are scam artists that "play" with OuiJa boards, when ONLY my mother and myself were dabbling with the board, it was very unnerving to have the glass move around the table and push the cards off the table. There were ONLY two fingers touching the glass, and they were ONLY JUST touching the base. I can verify that it was not possible for myself or my mother to move the glass with the speed and force the glass maintained by the touch we had on that glass. Spooky for sure.

That's why I NEVER dabble with OuiJa boards any more. I no longer have seances in our house, and I would be aprehensive in others' homes.

Whether or not you or other forum readers believe in a spirit (or Occult) world, there are things that should not be "dabbled" with, without an experienced assistant or guide.

ozwinner
25th May 2004, 06:34 PM
I wouldnt dabble Peter, no way.

I have had a number of weird things happen in my life that scared the crap out of me.
All with witnesses, and they crapped too.

Al :eek:

MrFixIt
25th May 2004, 06:34 PM
Hi Al - The All Seeing.... Bowing profusely

Ooohwa

You all need to send me money, for...........for........ahhh......mmmm...... oh yeah. to make yous all feel better, thats it.

Very good!

Here's $50, gee I DO feel better :D

MrFixIt
25th May 2004, 06:40 PM
Hi
I wouldnt dabble Peter, no way.

I have had a number of weird things happen in my life that scared the crap out of me.
All with witnesses, and they crapped too.

Al :eek:
Could you, would you care to elaborate with one example? (If not, that's ok).

ozwinner
25th May 2004, 06:45 PM
I will, but I might post a new thread, it is long winded so I will have to give it some thought.

Al

MrFixIt
25th May 2004, 06:57 PM
I will, but I might post a new thread, it is long winded so I will have to give it some thought. Al
Looking forward to it...

Ben from Vic.
25th May 2004, 08:01 PM
Ooohwa

Cheers, Al the all seeing. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/blackeye/Monkey_wink.gif

Al, I'm glad you didn't go. :D :D

Who else would post stuff like this?

Ben, the all knowing ;)