PDA

View Full Version : requested

oldiephred
3rd March 2009, 10:46 AM
A friend brought me some pieces of wood that had some special meaning for her and asked if there was anything I could do with them. After some discussion she decided that a treat dish that she could put on her desk would be a good reminder for her. I always find this difficult because what if I screw it up or it doesn't meet the need?
Anyway, she was very satisfied so what I think doesn't really matter. I will not go into her story because it was quite personal but very meaningful to her.

Size about 15cm dia x 5.5cm high.
No bottom view, she wanted felt on it. So one might say I "felt" her bottom at her request.

artme
3rd March 2009, 10:56 AM
Sweet!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::D

Rum Pig
3rd March 2009, 11:24 AM
very nice:2tsup::2tsup:
And I find when I do things like that as long as your heart is in the right place it does not matter what the outcome is:)

ElizaLeahy
3rd March 2009, 12:07 PM
I think it's pretty too, although I'm not sure about the political correctness of feeling someone's bottom!!!

Oh, I see, felt...

I feel like such a twit

:B

robutacion
3rd March 2009, 12:38 PM
A friend brought me some pieces of wood that had some special meaning for her and asked if there was anything I could do with them. After some discussion she decided that a treat dish that she could put on her desk would be a good reminder for her. I always find this difficult because what if I screw it up or it doesn't meet the need?
Anyway, she was very satisfied so what I think doesn't really matter. I will not go into her story because it was quite personal but very meaningful to her.

Size about 15cm dia x 5.5cm high.
No bottom view, she wanted felt on it. So one might say I "felt" her bottom at her request.

Never an easy task oldiephred...!
The problem is never the other person expectations, but your own and this is more related to the possibility of destroying the piece then any possible shape that will come out of it. In reality, is always that possibility and that plays in your mind too strongly. In situations like this, the prevention is always better then the re-construction so, voiding some of the most commonly known as risky/dangerous steps, could be a good policy...!:D

By the way Eliza,
If political correctness was one of the forums main guidelines and membership conditions, this place (forum) would be very empty, and the few left wouldn't have much to say, huh?:o:;

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Ed Reiss
3rd March 2009, 12:44 PM
:2tsup:....your friend is lucky to have a friend like you:U

ElizaLeahy
3rd March 2009, 12:51 PM
By the way Eliza,
If political correctness was one of the forums main guidelines and membership conditions, this place (forum) would be very empty, and the few left wouldn't have much to say, huh?:o:;

RBTCO

I'm shocked and horrified!!!!

:offtopic:

Can't find the "hijacked thread" icon, so that one will do.

You can have your thread back now.

What glue did you use?

joe greiner
3rd March 2009, 11:39 PM
Excellent.:2tsup:

And good bait for the hijack, too.:p

Cheers,
Joe

robutacion
4th March 2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry oldiephred,

I didn't intended to go off topic (someone made me...!:oo::wink:), and the question that I have is, what timber is it, do you know?

The finish also look a polyurethane based or 2 pack based, is it?

Nicely done!

RBTCO

oldiephred
4th March 2009, 06:59 AM
I realize that the "felt" comment was not in good taste or acceptable nor did it add anything. It was one of those "flashbacks" to other times but one cannot un-ring a bell so all I can do is apologize.

Thanks all.

robutacion
4th March 2009, 11:03 AM
I realize that the "felt" comment was not in good taste or acceptable nor did it add anything. It was one of those "flashbacks" to other times but one cannot un-ring a bell so all I can do is apologize.

Thanks all.

By the contrary oldiephred, I though the comment was fitting and funny, with all due respect to your female friend. This simple non-pregadistical and unoffensive "regards"/"jokes", are a good way to keep a smile on peoples faces, are healthy and refreshing, and for that you don't have to apologize at all. The offensive, rude and defamating, so called jokes that are used by some people in this country with the excuse of "pure Oz sense of humor", those are the ones that get up to my nose, really bad!:(( , so ring that bell as often as you wish...! :D

RBTCO

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th March 2009, 05:04 PM
I'm just glad you didn't make her a chest. :D

pitbull
4th March 2009, 05:37 PM
:lolabove:

ElizaLeahy
4th March 2009, 06:41 PM
What they said! We joke around here a lot. It seems to go with turning wood, for some reason...

Sawdust Maker
4th March 2009, 08:25 PM
I'm just glad you didn't make her a chest. :D

A chest of drawers? :rolleyes:

oldiephred
BTW nice bowl

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th March 2009, 08:30 PM
What they said! We joke around here a lot. It seems to go with turning wood, for some reason...

'Cos there's only so much fun to be had by poking at wood with pointy sticks? :innocent:

Sawdust Maker
4th March 2009, 09:42 PM
'Cos there's only so much fun to be had by poking at wood with pointy sticks? :innocent:
:joystick: