PDA

View Full Version : for those that wanted to know about hairsticks...

ElizaLeahy
5th March 2009, 10:45 AM
Here is the back of my head

OGYT
5th March 2009, 11:21 AM
Those are cool, Eliza. I gotta show these to Her Majesty when she gets back. :D

Ozkaban
5th March 2009, 12:41 PM
They look nice, Eliza. Are you allowed to fly with them, or do they look to sharp for the security guards??

Cheers,
Dave

Ed Reiss
5th March 2009, 01:04 PM
You don't sleep with those in, do you???:o

robutacion
5th March 2009, 01:26 PM
Japanese women use them often with their traditional dressing, what do they call them?

One would thing, how in hell can those sticks stay and keep long hair tight in place? the secret is not in the stick nor in the hair type (apart from the fact that needs to be long), the secret is in the simple and quick way some ladies can "handle" the stick...!:o:doh::D I should know, my mother was a hair- dresser!

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Gra
5th March 2009, 02:15 PM
how in hell can those sticks stay and keep long hair tight in place?

3 Inch Nail:D:D

ElizaLeahy
5th March 2009, 02:31 PM
Actually the flying thing was raised recently on the long hair forum. But I don't know the answer - as I don't fly I didn't read it! :)

You make the bun or roll, then take the stick in your hand pointing up to the sky - put it in the top of the bun, turn it over, push it down until it touches your scalp, then wiggle it away and out the bottom of the bun, or roll.

They hold very well, better for wavy or curly hair then for fine slippery straight hair.

artme
7th March 2009, 10:30 AM
Don't recognize that head at all!!:D:D:p

Ad de Crom
7th March 2009, 09:00 PM
Actually the flying thing was raised recently on the long hair forum. But I don't know the answer - as I don't fly I didn't read it! :)

You make the bun or roll, then take the stick in your hand pointing up to the sky - put it in the top of the bun, turn it over, push it down until it touches your scalp, then wiggle it away and out the bottom of the bun, or roll.

They hold very well, better for wavy or curly hair then for fine slippery straight hair.

Needs a lot of exercise Eliza, or is it automatism?
It looks very nice at the back of your head, looks like Japenese.
I don't have to try this with less hair on my head :D
Ad

ElizaLeahy
7th March 2009, 10:32 PM
Needs a lot of exercise Eliza, or is it automatism?
It looks very nice at the back of your head, looks like Japenese.
I don't have to try this with less hair on my head :D
Ad

Exercise - I think that the word you are looking for is practice. English as a second language must be hard, I have enough problems with it as a first language! (as you can probably tell by my spelling!)

Grow your hair and try them! ;)

blackhole
15th March 2009, 08:36 AM
http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/twig/projects

ElizaLeahy
15th March 2009, 08:38 AM
Yes, that's what I need the scroll saw for :)