PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

watson
16th March 2009, 08:39 PM
Scale Modelling is now open.
Pics/questions/projects all in scale please.

Yonnee
16th March 2009, 11:29 PM
Can they be plastic models too?

AUSSIE
17th March 2009, 07:31 AM
Plastic models should be fine.
I have spent 10s of hours,as you would know Yonnee, searching the net for scale clubs ,models to make and parts suppliers.By far the largest scale groups are plastic scale.Not my cupper,but Just dogpile or google scale models.Plastic everything.Trains,cars ,planes,tanks,
Aussie:2tsup:

Yonnee
17th March 2009, 10:52 AM
I was mainly asking if it was open slather. I completed my first 1:18 scale model car at the age of 10, an El Camino ute. It was the first one I'd finished complete with proper decals rather than cutting them out and gluing them on.:doh:

I proudly went to show Mum & Dad, and while doing so, my baby brother knocked it out of my hand and it smashed into about 20 bits all over the floor.

But since then I've done a heap more, mostly Corvettes. I'll have to take some photos...

DJ’s Timber
17th March 2009, 11:16 AM

:yes:

As it now says in the updated Forum Description

SCALE MODELLING Wooden, metal,plastic or other medium scale Model Forum. Trains, boats, planes or anything else that is a model. One criteria: it must be a scale model. Please state scale in start post.

Yonnee
17th March 2009, 01:58 PM
Cool :2tsup:, thanks DJ.

wheelinround
17th March 2009, 02:18 PM
Models :rolleyes: an MG cast body not finished,
a Dusendurgh J not completed,
a Fire truck which was finished and now damaged due to a few house moves
A RR 1/2 done
A Bentley (http://www.rrab.com/b45ltr.htm#top) still in the box never touched last time I saw this offered on a sale it went for more $$$ than I paid for mine still in the box all in perfect condition

Possibly a Cord

AUSSIE
17th March 2009, 08:51 PM
Give us some photos Wheely go on.:2tsup:
Aussie

wheelinround
18th March 2009, 09:17 AM
Give us some photos Wheely go on.:2tsup:
Aussie

:no: No photo's Ross all boxed up and stored away have been for about 10 years or more

Woodlee
18th March 2009, 10:34 PM
Ive been building plastic model kits for quite a few years ,mainly German WWII armour ,but some allied aircraft and some vehicles .
I have built a couple of submarines as well ,I've got more un-built kits than completed ones .
The manufacturers keep bringing better and improved kits and I could not keep up .Some of the plastic kits are quite detailed now ,as injection moulding technology has advanced .Some kits also include some metal parts like metal tracks and photo etched sheets.
I like to add metal parts to my kits ,some times I use Photo etched brass and other times I make the parts from soft drink cans ,thick aluminium foil or lead foil from the dentists xray films.

Biggest problem for me is displaying them after they are completed ,very limited space ,so they sit around on a book shelf for a while and then get packed in a box and put up in the roof of the house or upstairs in my work shop hardly ever seen again.

Kev.

scotty60
19th June 2009, 09:17 PM
Yes finding room is always a problem