PDA

View Full Version : Latest efforts

Mrs Woodpecker
24th March 2009, 11:05 AM
Though I have not been active on the forum, I did these before the house went on the market. Had to wait for my photographer to do the pics. Both are from mango.
Cheers,
Shirley

Ed Reiss
24th March 2009, 12:34 PM
Very nicely done Shirley...wouldn't have done anything different.:2tsup::2tsup:

Wayne Blanch
24th March 2009, 12:58 PM
Very nice:2tsup:, I particularly like the lamp. Where did you get the shade from or are you one of those smarties that can make that kind of stuff?:D
I have some friends that want a standard lamp. I know where to get the lamp electric fittings but not the shade.

Gil Jones
24th March 2009, 02:02 PM
Hello Shirley,
Fine turning on those two pieces (neat lamp), and the Mango looks great, as does your finish.
Good luck selling your home, the housing market is still poor here.

Mrs Woodpecker
24th March 2009, 02:47 PM
Very nice:2tsup:, I particularly like the lamp. Where did you get the shade from or are you one of those smarties that can make that kind of stuff?:D
I have some friends that want a standard lamp. I know where to get the lamp electric fittings but not the shade.
Bunnings in Rockhampton have a good range of shades, and I have got them from Target as well.
The shade on that lamp is from a china lamp that I broke. Couild not see it wasted.
Thanks.
Shirley

Mrs Woodpecker
24th March 2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Gil. The houses here are selling if the price is right.Have had a lot of people through so here's hop[ing.
Cheers,
Shirley

ElizaLeahy
24th March 2009, 04:19 PM
I like them both, but particularly the lamp. I want to do a lamp for my son, are they hard to do?

Mrs Woodpecker
24th March 2009, 04:56 PM
I like them both, but particularly the lamp. I want to do a lamp for my son, are they hard to do?

Hi Eliza,
The lamps are as easy or as difficult as you want them to be.That one is similar to the table stem, and with a base pretty much the same.as the table. I have done one in one piece, and am working on one the pattern of which I found at Bunnings.
Have fun.
Shirley

Wayne Blanch
24th March 2009, 06:30 PM
Bunnings in Rockhampton have a good range of shades, and I have got them from Target as well.
The shade on that lamp is from a china lamp that I broke. Couild not see it wasted.
Thanks.
Shirley
Thanks for the infoŽ
Wayne

Ad de Crom
24th March 2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Shirley, very veryyyyyy nice table lamp, like it a lot.
When you broke a lamp, simple, make a new one, and that's just what you did, great!!
Ad :2tsup:

Little Festo
26th March 2009, 12:21 PM
Good work Shirley. How long have you been turning??

Peter

Sawdust Maker
26th March 2009, 01:54 PM
Nice work Mrs W
You've now brought another level to attain in the forum having to wait for your photographer before posting :o

Mrs Woodpecker
26th March 2009, 03:16 PM
Good work Shirley. How long have you been turning??

Peter
Hi Peter,
I am into my 3rd year, so still pretty much a beginner. When we move to Gympie we will have to meet and swap notes.
Turning has become a bit of an obsession. It is a great hobby.
Cheers, Shirley

Little Festo
26th March 2009, 07:22 PM
Hello Shirley,

No worries, always good to catchup with another turner. The Cooroy Woodies have a really great club, worth a visit if you are in the area on Satuardays.

Peter

artme
26th March 2009, 09:19 PM
Lovely pieces Shirley and super finish.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

When do you fire up the Woodfast again?

Mrs Woodpecker
28th March 2009, 10:02 PM
Lovely pieces Shirley and super finish.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

When do you fire up the Woodfast again?
Hi Arthur,
It has been fired up a couple of times this week. The bowls club want another clock, pen and key-ring set for the ladies' president's day raffle They made quite a nice amount from the raffle last year.
Hope your health is improving.
Regards,
Shirley