PDA

View Full Version : Gone AWOL

Grumpy John
27th March 2009, 10:37 PM
Today, after I removed the tailstock from my lathe to give me better access turning the inside of a bowl I left the stud that prevents the tailstock on top of some shavings. Well you've probably guessed that I've lost the stud up the dusty. Which makes me wonder, what are some of the weirder things people have had disappear up the dusty.

RETIRED
27th March 2009, 10:57 PM
Had to turn a heap of wooden balls once and a few went up the spout because I got distracted in the parting off.

Cleans out the lines though.:D

Ed Reiss
27th March 2009, 11:01 PM
...almost got the cat once, but it refused to co-operate:o

ss_11000
28th March 2009, 12:17 AM
i've told this before on the forums but its worth retelling.

during woodturning lessons at school, one of the teacher was using the dusty to get shavings off his jacket and had his glasses in his top pocket...needless to say we have good dusty's at school and his glasses went for a bit of a trip ;)

dr4g0nfly
28th March 2009, 07:24 AM
Hoovering up some shavings I scared a mouse and it ran across the mouth of the vac' - swwooomph and it was gone, dug it out quickly but it was dead I'm afraid.

Gra
28th March 2009, 07:27 AM

Keep trying, you will get it:U:U

hughie
28th March 2009, 08:10 AM
Had a large pine bowl blow up...out? on me, could never find all the pieces. Even when we moved and I cleaned out the shed. :? :no: beats me

funkychicken
28th March 2009, 06:41 PM

A few years ago at work a cat got sucked up the huge dusty. The tube's about 9" diameter so it went straight through to the impeller:o

eisbaer
28th March 2009, 06:46 PM
this is why my cats aren't allowed in the garage where i turn. That and one of them is utterly obsessed with olive wood and she's starting to freak me out.

Sawdust Maker
29th March 2009, 08:43 PM
I lost a bit of sandpaper
slurp
then tic tic tic tic tic ... got stuck on the impeller - had to dismantle the rotten thing, as was driving me crazy

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 09:03 PM
I lost a bit of sandpaper
slurp
then tic tic tic tic tic ... got stuck on the impeller - had to dismantle the rotten thing, as was driving me crazySend wooden balls after it. They knock the paper off. DAMHIK.:D