PDA

View Full Version : CF bowl challenge judging. No1.

RETIRED
13th January 2009, 07:04 AM
Each entrant has a number in the title.

Just put your tick in the corresponding number here.

There is no rats ring option.

Forum name: thefixer

Bowl timber : Redgum and Vic ash

Dimensions : 190 mm across 50 mm high

Sanded to 1200 grit

Finish : Canuba Wax

RETIRED
17th January 2009, 01:03 PM
Forum Name: TTIT Vern

River Cooba (acacia stenophylla)
About 125mm high, 210mm at widest point.
Umpteen coats of DO until I gave up and hit it with Wipe-on Poly. Will
give it a buffing with Ubeaut traditional before I post it.

RETIRED
14th February 2009, 09:25 PM
Forum Name: Bowl Basher

Tibouchina
No size available.
Sanded to 400, sealed with nitro cellulose sealer and finished with Shellawax.

RETIRED
15th March 2009, 08:34 AM
Forum name:Sawdust Maker

210 mm round 50mm high<o:p></o:p>
I think it’s spotted gum – spalted (but I am open to species correction as it was a nature strip liberation)<o:p></o:p>

RETIRED
17th March 2009, 02:50 PM
Forum name: Tim the Timber Turner

River Red Gum Platter 450mm dia.

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 04:30 PM
Forum name: Calm

It is a 2 – 150 x 300 x 25 mm boards gluded together with a piece 125 x 125 x 25 of ringed murray river redgum glued to the bottom.

It was then turned to the shape revealed in the photos, sanded to 600 finished with eee then Glow.

It measures 280mm and stands almost 50mm high.

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 04:40 PM
Forum name: David Mitchell.

The timber I used in this project was the two edges cut from a silky oak slab.The pieces were cut to length and glued together to make a platter 200 + in diameter x 30ml thick.
Finished with 2 coated of grapseed oil & beeswax 4 to 1

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 04:48 PM
Forum name: Mrs Woodpecker.

260mm diam bowl.

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 04:56 PM
Forum name: Artme.

Bowl diam 250mm.

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 05:02 PM
Forum name: Funky Chicken.

Platter 320mm diam.

RETIRED
29th March 2009, 08:49 PM
Forum Name: Grumpy John.

Timber is Blackwood as supplied by David via Ern.
Dimensions are 243mm dia. 83mm high. Sanded to 320 grit and finished with 2 parts boiled linseed, 2 parts turps, 1 part polyurethane.

RETIRED
1st April 2009, 07:56 AM
Forum name: Tea lady

Blackwood bowl 270mm square and approx 60mm high.
Finished in white shellac cut back with EEE.

RETIRED
1st April 2009, 07:58 AM
Forum name: Skewchidamn.

Tas Blackwood, overall dimensions = 260 x 260 x 50mm, bowl is 230mm dia
and way to thick in the bottom.

Button feet are, I think, Tas. Myrtle but may be Meranti. (When using
offcuts that small they become hard to ID)

RETIRED
1st April 2009, 08:08 AM
The names of the entrants have been removed but will be put back at the end of the poll.

Thank you to all those that have sent bowls and donations to David.

More bowls or platters will be welcome.

Calm
1st April 2009, 09:54 AM
This is harder than i thought - i thought oh yea just vote for mine but the ones that are at Robbos and Tims in Adelaide have overwhelmed me.

I have 9 entries here that made me do - better than i had ever done before - just to enter but the ones not here are absolutely stunning. - i'm not voting far at least a week now while i think about it, this is going to be tough.

I checked with and everyone is welcome to post comments here as well.

BTW i have spoken to Tim from Adelaide and will call in next trip over to pick up all entries left at his place - just PM him for address. I can also do this again before the end of April for late donations

Those who wish to add detail to their entry email or pm and he MAY be able to add it in.

Cheers and happy voting. - maybe i can vote 13 times:no: - that would help:2tsup::2tsup::D

artme
1st April 2009, 10:17 AM
Choice is going to be very, very difficult. All the work shown is beautiful and varied. Will need to think long and hard.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st April 2009, 03:28 PM
Well done, everybody! :2tsup:

What a choice! My vote didn't go to me... :oo: (Sad, isn't it?)

Just one suggestion for any future comps: get the bowls all together in one place and have just one person take all the photographs? Preferably someone who's good at it...

thefixer
1st April 2009, 07:43 PM
Well done, everybody! :2tsup:

Just one suggestion for any future comps: get the bowls all together in one place and have just one person take all the photographs? Preferably someone who's good at it...

I'm with ya Skew. My photography sucks.:C

Cheers
Shorty

tea lady
1st April 2009, 10:52 PM
Uniform pics would make it a little easies perhaps, but would still be hard to chose. :C I reckon the addition of a detail pic would give us a clearer idea of the surface finish. :hmm:

My vote will have to wait I think. Will have more looks and ponder. :)

Calm
2nd April 2009, 04:58 AM
Uniform pics would make it a little easies perhaps, but would still be hard to chose. :C I reckon the addition of a detail pic would give us a clearer idea of the surface finish. :hmm:

My vote will have to wait I think. Will have more looks and ponder. :)

As pauline says

Please explain.:?:B

Sawdust Maker
2nd April 2009, 03:38 PM
These all are simply amazing :2tsup:
can you take mine out, I think my ego will be shattered when I don't get a vote:weeping2:

bowl-basher
2nd April 2009, 04:22 PM
can you take mine out, I think my ego will be shattered when I
don't get a vote:weeping2:

Me to
I feel like I am in the company of royalty:oo::oo::oo::oo:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd April 2009, 05:20 PM
I just noticed: bowl #13 is 50cm deep! :oo: The table it's sitting on must be made of railway sleepers... :p

can you take mine out, I think my ego will be shattered when I don't get a vote:weeping2:

When it comes to the actual sales, what's the betting that the platter and simpler bowl forms will go quickest? After all, they're the ones that people will have a use for, besides being dust collectors... :rolleyes:

dai sensei
2nd April 2009, 09:13 PM
Well done everybody :2tsup:

tea lady
2nd April 2009, 09:35 PM
As pauline says

Please explain.:?:BYou know. A close up of an edge or a wiggly bit, or spot of interest, or just the surface and grain pattern. :shrug:

Cliff Rogers
2nd April 2009, 10:24 PM
Top stuff. :2tsup:

RETIRED
3rd April 2009, 07:19 AM
I just noticed: bowl #13 is 50cm deep! :oo: The table it's sitting on must be made of railway sleepers... :pSome people get dressmaking and woodworking mixed up.:D Fixed now. Thanks Skew.

Grumpy John
3rd April 2009, 07:30 AM

Like Skew, I also voted for someone elses bowl, not sad :sad1:just the way things are.

Well done to all who entered. It takes a lot of guts to put your work out there for others to judge.

Ed Reiss
3rd April 2009, 12:03 PM
Shame we can't vote more than once...they're all winners in my book :2tsup:

Grumpy John
5th April 2009, 06:00 PM
:bump:

C'mon people, let's get some votes happening. It's not like voting in an election, this is important :rolleyes:.

tea lady
5th April 2009, 09:49 PM
Some people get dressmaking and woodworking mixed up.:D Fixed now. Thanks Skew.So not just girls get it mixed up.:D:p

C'mon people, let's get some votes happening. It's not like voting in an election, this is important :rolleyes:.:C I don't know.......

springwater
5th April 2009, 10:19 PM
23 days left to decide, should be enough time for the pilgrims to return. I'm still wondering why I got up at 4.30 this morning :rolleyes:

Considering I'm a jungle trained challenge participant of not one but two epic voyages, I know the quest you've all been through, well done my brothers and sisters:2tsup:

That Red Gum whopper's going to be hard to knock off, we'll see :cool:

RETIRED
5th April 2009, 10:21 PM
23 days left to decide, should be enough time for the pilgrims to return. I'm still wondering why I got up at 4.30 this morning :rolleyes:

Considering I'm a jungle trained challenge participant of not one but two epic voyages, I know the quest you've all been through, well done my brothers and sisters:2tsup:

That Red Gum whopper's going to be hard to knock off, we'll see :cool:Whatcha ya smokin Bro?:D

Calm
5th April 2009, 10:22 PM
...........C'mon people, let's get some votes happening. It's not like voting in an election, this is important :rolleyes:.

Not so sure about that John. There have been 767 views and only 53 votes.

I just spent 30 minutes with no 2 daughter trying to pick which one i was to vote for and we both narrowed it down to 3.

The trouble was we picked 3 dfferent ones each so that is 6 - suppose that should be easier than 13 but anyway when do we have to vote by.:?:?

Not sure what had in mind for that. Hopefully he will post an answer.

Cheers

RETIRED
5th April 2009, 10:25 PM
Voting closes on the Friday before the Turn on at your place. So will be May the First.

Sawdust Maker
5th April 2009, 10:37 PM
I've finally voted. Damn hard to make a choice

yeah and I don't even like the photos of mine :(

springwater
5th April 2009, 10:55 PM
Whatcha ya smokin Bro?:D

Up the top of the Poll Picker thingy it says:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>Poll: Charity bowl judging by Forumites. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=middle>This poll will close on 28th Apr 2009 at 04:28 PM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
28 - 5 still = 23, doesn't it?

Yeah, Ok my last post was a bit flowery and admit I got carried away a bit:doh::D, its been a long day :rolleyes:

tea lady
5th April 2009, 10:59 PM
My hubby's gonna join and vote for mine. :cool: Is that all right.:D:blond:

I_wanna_Shed
5th April 2009, 11:18 PM
WOW! Tough choice!!! Well done to all entrants, they are all very nice pieces of work!

The standouts for me though are numbers 2 and 5. Still undecided which I will vote for.

I love natural rimmed bowls (#2), but the textured rim on #5 is very, very nice.....

Good work all! :2tsup:

Nathan.

NeilS
6th April 2009, 11:56 AM
More bowls or platters will be welcome.

Holding my vote off until all offerings are added to the site. Is there a cut-off date for late entries?

Neil

RETIRED
6th April 2009, 01:13 PM
Holding my vote off until all offerings are added to the site. Is there a cut-off date for late entries?

NeilThese are all the bowls for judging. There will be no others.

David is accepting bowls for sale until we sell them.

NeilS
6th April 2009, 11:05 PM
These are all the bowls for judging. There will be no others.

David is accepting bowls for sale until we sell them.

Thanks , got that straight now and have cast my vote.

Neil

funkychicken
6th April 2009, 11:10 PM
1 vote!!! Yaaaaay!

Sawdust Maker
8th April 2009, 11:44 AM
Someone with discerning taste voted for mine - thanks (where do you want the money sent? :o)

tea lady
10th April 2009, 08:09 PM
The voting appears too have stopped. :hmm:

Come on guys. Another vote for me. :cool: (you know you want to. :D )

Grumpy John
14th April 2009, 10:30 PM
The voting appears too have stopped. :hmm:

Sawdust Maker
16th April 2009, 04:12 PM

79 voters aint that many - come on you lot
:cool:

Grumpy John
16th April 2009, 07:22 PM

C'mon people, let's get some votes happening. It's not like voting in an election, this is important :rolleyes:.

When I said I expected more votes I meant votes for MY bowl :D:D:D, and that's not happening :D.

Sawdust Maker
16th April 2009, 10:55 PM
When I said I expected more votes I meant votes for MY bowl :D:D:D, and that's not happening :D.

I thought you meant My Bowl. It's the one with the ...
I signed up mum but I think she got the number wrong :((. Battery obviously is on the way out in the hearing aid :oo:

Ed Reiss
17th April 2009, 01:33 AM
John...you get my sympathy vote :q:D

Evan Pavlidis
17th April 2009, 04:31 AM
Finally, I voted after 2 days of indecisions. Wasn't easy given the talent out there. Well done to all participants.

Evan :)

Wayne Blanch
17th April 2009, 08:55 AM
Fantastic work everyone:2tsup: It really was a tough decision, they are all magnificent!!!

When it comes to the actual sales, what's the betting that the platter and simpler bowl forms will go quickest? After all, they're the ones that people will have a use for, besides being dust collectors... :rolleyes:

I have made many things that some people consider useless:~, but I have found them to be well capable of doing the job they were designed for .....................................................collecting a better class of dust.:doh:

I have to agree with you though Skew, I have made some things that I thought were technically more challenging and aesthetically more pleasing yet they donīt attract the attention that a simple bowl or platter does.

Allan at Wallan
17th April 2009, 05:59 PM
I lodged my vote yesterday.
Now waiting to see if my judgment is matched by the results.
Good luck to all participants - Note: I did not submit an entry.

Allan

Calm
17th April 2009, 06:41 PM
I know this is the judging thread but i will post a copy of the post i put in the original thread in case it is missed

With the Ballarat BBQ and final judging of this competition just 2 weeks away i thought it would be remiss of me not to remind forum members wishing to contribute a bowl to this charity fundraiser that they have just 2 weeks to post it to me.

So get in the shed this weekend pick out a nice or plain peice of wood and make something similar to one of these (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=92834).

You might make one better - we dont mind the competition has closed but all donations are still very much apreciated.

All entries/donations i know of so far are now at my house and i might say there is some very fine stuff there.

Cheers

Oh and the BBQ well of course you are all welcome if you are a member - give your perference here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=87155)

Thanks once again to all those who have helped to make this worthwhile.

Cheers

Calm
25th April 2009, 02:51 PM
94 votes from 1970 views - there must be plenty still considering which one to support.

Only a few days to go now.

Cheers

tea lady
25th April 2009, 08:39 PM
:oo: I got more votes. :knockmedownwithafeather:

springwater
25th April 2009, 09:13 PM
94 votes from 1970 views - there must be plenty still considering which one to support.

Only a few days to go now.

Cheers

Could be a rush of votes as time runs out. I've viewed the field many time from different angles of appreciation the last being which one I'd most like to eat from :rolleyes:

Calm
27th April 2009, 07:26 PM
Less than 24 hours to go now - tomorrow afternon it finishes, 4.28pm to be precise (hope set the alarm)

Get in now before it's too late, you dont want your favorite to miss out

100 votes from 2137 views.

Cheers

Calm
28th April 2009, 09:32 PM
when do we get the winners.? - classes?

Cheers

tea lady
28th April 2009, 09:59 PM
The voting is only half of it isn't it? Aren't there judges involved? :hmm:

I got more votes. :oo: :cool:

RETIRED
29th April 2009, 12:53 AM
The judges met at Davids on Monday afternoon.

As there was no platter entries under 10" but bowls and there was a clear leader in the platters it was decided to split the over 10" into platters and bowls.

The Forum constitutes half the votes, the judges the other half.

Section 1: Bowls under 10"
The winner is No 2. TTIT. Congratulations Vern.

Section2: Platters over 10"
The winner is No 5. Tim the Timber Turner. Congratulations Tim.

Section 3: Bowls over 10"
The winner is No 12. Forum name: Tea lady. Congratulations Anne-Maria.

Congrats to all winners. Thank you to all that donated bowls to this cause.

Thank you to David for collecting a lot of the entries and to the other judges for making the time to judge the entries.

The standard overall was very high and seeing them in the "flesh" is certainly different than the photos.

Negotiations are under way with CF about selling them now and we will keep you informed of the progress.

Ed Reiss
29th April 2009, 01:58 AM
OK Vern, Tim, and Anne - Marie....now you can sing "We Are The Champions" :2tsup:

Nice work, you deserve the win.:U

artme
29th April 2009, 07:50 AM
Deserving winners!! Congratulations to all and A very big :2tsup: to David for organizing and collecting.:hug::hug::hug:

Cliff Rogers
29th April 2009, 09:17 AM
:2tsup:

RufflyRustic
29th April 2009, 09:26 AM
Congratulations Vern, Tim and Anne-Marie!!
:thewave:

Thanks to everyone who participated! :2tsup::2tsup:

cheers
Wendy

Wayne Blanch
29th April 2009, 09:53 AM
Congratulations Vern, Tim, Anne-Marie, :2tsup::2tsup: Thanks to all who participated you are all winners:2tsup: (I know its trite but true!)

Tim the Timber Turner
29th April 2009, 01:23 PM
The judges met at Davids on Monday afternoon.

As there was no platter entries under 10" but bowls and there was a clear leader in the platters it was decided to split the over 10" into platters and bowls.

The Forum constitutes half the votes, the judges the other half.

Section 1: Bowls under 10"
The winner is No 2. TTIT. Congratulations Vern.

Section2: Platters over 10"
The winner is No 5. Tim the Timber Turner. Congratulations Tim.

Section 3: Bowls over 10"
The winner is No 12. Forum name: Tea lady. Congratulations Anne-Maria.

Congrats to all winners. Thank you to all that donated bowls to this cause.

Thank you to David for collecting a lot of the entries and to the other judges for making the time to judge the entries.

The standard overall was very high and seeing them in the "flesh" is certainly different than the photos.

Negotiations are under way with CF about selling them now and we will keep you informed of the progress.

Thanks .

Where do I send bribe money??

Cheers

Tim

tea lady
29th April 2009, 05:09 PM
:B Gee Thanks. These challenges are great. :cool: Gives you something to work towards, otherwise its out to the shed and ........now what do I make. :hmm: (I might make more o' them now.:U ) Great work by every one.:cool: Sorry that I can't get to the Ballarat turnfest to see the others in the flesh. :C

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th April 2009, 05:22 PM
Well done, all! :brava:

Oddly, those were the three "final picks" I made my choice from before any trend showed in the polling... so it tickles my fancy that they were the winners.

Grumpy John
29th April 2009, 06:57 PM
Congratulations Vern, Tim and Anne-Maria :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:. Let's hope the CF foundation is the real winner.

dai sensei
29th April 2009, 08:03 PM
:whs:

Sawdust Maker
29th April 2009, 09:11 PM
Yay
Vern, Tim and Anne-Maria
congrats, very very nice work. Yours were obviously the stand out contributions. I'm glad I wasn't a judge as there were some very nice pieces. I'm simply jealous of the talent shown in this bowl off. congrats all.

On another note these are the piccies I had hoped would be shown of my entry. But I do note that ever who took the photos of my entry has impeccable taste in cars. (ie we have a 6 as well!)

103734 103735 103736

And I don't think the photography had any bearing on the ultimate number of votes received. The other entries were simply out of this world and I commend every one on their work.

I would be very interested in what each piece reaches in the auction

And I hope that an exceptionally large sum of money is raised.

bowl-basher
29th April 2009, 09:12 PM
:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:Vern,Tim & Ann Marie
Most worthy winners
thanks to the Juges and all who made this an interesting and successful challenge
Bowl-Basher

Calm
29th April 2009, 11:06 PM
Yay
Vern, Tim and Anne-Maria
congrats, very very nice work. Yours were obviously the stand out contributions. I'm glad I wasn't a judge as there were some very nice pieces. I'm simply jealous of the talent shown in this bowl off. congrats all.

On another note these are the piccies I had hoped would be shown of my entry. But I do note that ever who took the photos of my entry has impeccable taste in cars. (ie we have a 6 as well!)

103734 103735 103736

And I don't think the photography had any bearing on the ultimate number of votes received. The other entries were simply out of this world and I commend every one on their work.

I would be very interested in what each piece reaches in the auction

And I hope that an exceptionally large sum of money is raised.

My humble apologies NIck on the photos - not sure what went wrong there but i hope you are mnot disapointed.

On another note i think i was the one that robbed.

I had the three judges and their partners (defineitely better halves) here on Monday afternoon - on their way home from Horsham - fed them home made carrot cake, scones with jam & cream, caramal slice all home made by my daughter - allowed them to nurse my 5 month old only granddaughter/child and still couldnt win.:no::no::o:C:C:~

Now that is somethng worth protesting about:p:p:D:D (make mental note next time get judges that are of suspect nature - ie take bribes)

Thanks again for everyones help with this especially the bearded axe weilding mongrel.

Cheers

springwater
29th April 2009, 11:22 PM
It's all good, congratulations all round and around:)

tea lady
29th April 2009, 11:38 PM
I had the three judges and their partners (defineitely better halves) here on Monday afternoon - on their way home from Horsham - fed them home made carrot cake, scones with jam & cream, caramal slice all home made by my daughter - allowed them to nurse my 5 month old only granddaughter/child and still couldnt win.

Now that is somethng worth protesting about:p:p:D:D (make mental note next time get judges that are of suspect nature - ie take bribes)

Thanks again for everyones help with this especially the bearded axe weilding mongrel.

Cheers

No chocolate ripple cake on that list. There's your problem.:doh::rolleyes:

Thanks for instigating all this Calm.:2tsup:

TTIT
30th April 2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone :B and congrats to Tim and Anne-Maria:U. Fingers crossed that the foundation gets a decent price for the pieces - would be nice to know someone has been helped by forumites efforts.
Cheers to David for organizing everything and to and the judges.for their help.:2tsup:

Calm
30th April 2009, 08:22 AM
No chocolate ripple cake on that list. There's your problem.:doh::rolleyes: .......

I'll speak :smack::ranting2::club::argue::aargh::fit::urstupid::brick::damn::throw::minigun: to my daughter about her omissions

Jim Carroll
30th April 2009, 09:26 AM
David as we told you we are open to graft and corruption.

The cakes were only a sweetner we were really after cash.:D

Oh the ladys liked the baby holding I dont know who cooed more the baby or the ladies.

Tim the Timber Turner
30th April 2009, 10:51 AM
Money David Money.

You should have done what I did and paid Money.:2tsup:

If it wasn't quiet so far I'd come for a drive on Saturday.

Cheers

Tim:)

Calm
30th April 2009, 12:07 PM
Money David Money.

You should have done what I did and paid Money.:2tsup:

If it wasn't quiet so far I'd come for a drive on Saturday.

Cheers

Tim:)

Fly we can organise a pickup & drop off from the airport. I'm sure someone will offer.

Applies to whoever wants to come. Could find accomadation for about 3 or 4 (hopefully) and a return trip to airpisrt Sunday.

CLIFF THATS BALLARAT OR MELBOURNE AIRPORT:D:D

Cheers

Calm
30th April 2009, 12:10 PM
Oh BIG surprise too only Jim knows and he's not tellin:D:D (i hope)

Tim the Timber Turner
30th April 2009, 12:16 PM
Fly we can organise a pickup & drop off from the airport. I'm sure someone will offer.

Applies to whoever wants to come. Could find accomadation for about 3 or 4 (hopefully) and a return trip to airpisrt Sunday.

Cheers

Thanks David.

There won't be time to post me the tickets but I could pick them up at the airport.

Prefer Qantas please.

Cheers

Tim

Calm
30th April 2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks David.

There won't be time to post me the tickets but I could pick them up at the airport.

Prefer Qantas please.

Cheers

Tim

:2tsup::2tsup:

And i thought i had covered the sm___ ar__ replies. Guess i need to get up earlier.:D:D

Your not related to Cliff by any chance are you :q:q

Cheers

Cliff Rogers
30th April 2009, 03:51 PM

Cheers
Mareeba or Atherton suit me better. :think:

Calm
30th April 2009, 09:55 PM
<title></title>Hi, David
Sorry, but we do not have anyone who can take photos in Victoria. Hopefully you can get someone to take them and then send the cd. The most important thing is to send the full-size files (typically 1MB+), not the web versions (5-80kB).
Regards, Steven

This is an email i received from the Australian Woodworker - so is there a person who is coming on Saturday who knows enough about photography/lighting to take photos for me and download onto my computer to burn a CD or burn a CD and send it to me so i can forward it to Steven.

There maybe a peice in the Mag on the competition. I am not asking for professional photos just good ones. I assure you the photographer will be recognised.

Cheers

Sawdust Maker
30th April 2009, 10:16 PM
My humble apologies NIck on the photos - not sure what went wrong there but i hope you are mnot disapointed.

No problems
I didn't say anything earlier as didn't want to ... ar, doesn't matter :wink:

I'd love to take photos on the weekend but unfortunately my qantas tickets didn't arrive :D

PS the other thing with photos is what format the Australian Woodworker prefers

TTIT
30th April 2009, 10:57 PM
This is an email i received from the Australian Woodworker - so is there a person who is coming on Saturday who knows enough about photography/lighting to take photos for me and download onto my computer to burn a CD or burn a CD and send it to me so i can forward it to Steven.

There maybe a peice in the Mag on the competition. I am not asking for professional photos just good ones. I assure you the photographer will be recognised.

CheersI reckon Ern would be your man if you twisted his arm a little :; (if he's going of course!)

Waldo
30th April 2009, 11:03 PM
I picked a winner with filly number 12. :cool: what was the payout and do I go down to any TAB to collect?

Congratulations to the everyone who entered. :brava:

tea lady
30th April 2009, 11:10 PM
I picked a winner with filly number 12. :cool: what was the payout and do I go down to any TAB to collect?

Congratulations to the everyone who entered. :brava:
Any TAB? I guess you could try, but tell me which one first so I can retrieve the security camera footage for later You Tube posting.:D As for prizes, you'll just have to bask in the reflwcted glow of winner's glory. :cool2:

NeilS
30th April 2009, 11:28 PM
Congrats to the three winners!

Those are three I would have chosen based on just the photos, and all well deserved!

Seems that boring old blackwood wasn't an impediment to being a winner... :roll:

Neil

tea lady
1st May 2009, 12:05 AM
Seems that boring old blackwood wasn't an impediment to being a winner... :roll:

Neil

:D Maybe I've just been turning a bit much of it recently.:doh: did some Mytle today, speaking of boring. :p :duck:

TTIT
1st May 2009, 12:14 AM
:D Maybe I've just been turning a bit much of it recently.:doh: did some Mytle today, speaking of boring. :p :duck:Ah! - you need to try Queensland Myrtle (http://www.ttit.id.au/treepages/myrtle.htm) :U:U:U

Tim the Timber Turner
1st May 2009, 10:52 AM
I reckon Ern would be your man if you twisted his arm a little :; (if he's going of course!)

David if this fails to happen and you wanted to take the exhibits for a ride in the big white truck, I would be happy to photograph them for you.

I would need them overnight.

That's a fall back position for you.

Of course if I was flying!! opps better not go there again.

Cheers

Tim

tea lady
1st May 2009, 06:42 PM
David, I've got some high res pics of mine if you need them. :cool: Even some kinda "arty" shots.:p

Sawdust Maker
1st May 2009, 10:00 PM
David, I've got some high res pics of mine if you need them. :cool: Even some kinda "arty" shots.:p
I also have the high res ones of mine if needed - but they are big files
sorry I can't do arty so mine are as you saw :p