PDA

View Full Version : Show time

ozwinner
9th June 2004, 11:02 AM
Ladieeeees and Gentlemeeeeen.
Show time.
I am thinking of haveing a drum sander open day this Sunday.
I might even throw some snags on the barbie for you bunch of missfits.

Any one interested? (Dont try clicking here, just because its underlined.)

If there is any interest I will post my address later in the week. (Obviously Whittlesea.)
There is already one member who wishes to have a go at sanding something, so I thought it might be a good time to have an open day.
I am thinking of a 10.am start, that way there will be plenty of time to play and eat.

No coat tails, or ties to be worn, as Midge has pointed out, they may get caught up in the gizzmo. :rolleyes:
Smokeing jackets optional.:D

Cheers, Al

silentC
9th June 2004, 11:11 AM
I'll wait for the Sydney show mate.

There is going to be a Sydney show, isn't there?

PaulS
9th June 2004, 11:15 AM
Look i would love to come, if a few of you chip in for the airfare from Perth. Is Whittlesea near the airport???

glenn k
9th June 2004, 11:27 AM
Why arn't you out laying bricks today? Could it be the same reason that I'm not climbing trees? See you Sunday.

bitingmidge
9th June 2004, 11:36 AM
Bugger...I was pumping up the tyres on my pushy ready for the big trip, when I discovered I'm grounded for the next three weeks...one of the larvae is getting married at the Home of the Biting Midge then, and the Stinging One reckons I have stuff to do.... maybe I can make it for the first anniversary!

Cheers,

P :cool:

jackiew
9th June 2004, 02:51 PM
My geography of victoria being a bit poor I finally found a map showing where whittlesea town centre is using www.whereis.com.au ... had to go out about 8 levels before I could recognise the name of anywhere I'd heard of on the map ( think this must mean it is in woop woop :D ). I had vaguely assumed whittlesea must be on the bay somewhere cos it had "sea" in the name :o

Have fun with the barbie and the sander guys ... got a prior appointment of a lacrosse game on the other side of Melbourne.

Wood Borer
9th June 2004, 03:31 PM
Ozwinner,

I am very interested but I cannot quite make a firm commitment at this stage.

How will you be dressed?

- Wood Borer

ozwinner
9th June 2004, 03:37 PM
Ozwinner,

I am very interested but I cannot quite make a firm commitment at this stage.

How will you be dressed?

- Wood Borer
How ever you want sweetie??????????? :eek: :o :eek:

Al

ozwinner
9th June 2004, 04:11 PM
Why arn't you out laying bricks today? Could it be the same reason that I'm not climbing trees? See you Sunday.
No Probs.

Al

ozwinner
9th June 2004, 05:02 PM
I know its short notice, but Glenn wanted to have a go, and I did intend asking if anyone wanted to have a go.

But, if you dont come I'll understand :( .
Maybe I should give more notice next time? :) ( next time? )
Besides that, if you dont want to come its more beer and snags for us. :D
Ive even baked a cake..................yeah right. Dream on............ :p

Al

Grunt
9th June 2004, 06:17 PM
I'd love to go but I'm using my day release pass to go watch the Dogs get killed by the Saints on Saturday. I'm a bit of a masochist (well the last few years a lot of one)

Grunt

Bob Willson
9th June 2004, 06:51 PM
Can you pick me up?

Hmm. that is a somewhat open question isn't it? :D

Sturdee
9th June 2004, 07:10 PM
Ive even baked a cake..................yeah right. Dream on............ :p

Al

How about that pie you promised me. :D I'll see you Sunday.

Peter.

Wood Borer
9th June 2004, 07:26 PM
Ozwinner,

I have permission to attend the Sandfest. :D :D :D

Anyone wanting a lift who lives near Camberwell or somewhere else along the way, please let me know. I plan on getting there around 10.

- Wood Borer :D :D :D

ozwinner
9th June 2004, 07:40 PM
Cool. :cool:

My address
Call me on 0411 123 931

Al :)

journeyman Mick
9th June 2004, 11:14 PM
Al,
mate I'd love to drop by but um, err, well it's a bit bloody cold down there round this time of the year isn't it? Hell, it's even a bit cold round here first thing in the morning. Tell you what, why don't you sling it in the back of your V8 monster ute and just head north on highway 1. I've finally got the power on to my shed (24 double power points) and I'll clear a bit of space and wheel the barbie down from the house and I'll even bake a cake. If you leave tomorrow you'll have a real easy drive :p

Mick

Sir Stinkalot
9th June 2004, 11:30 PM
Is Whittlesea near the airport???

Whittlesea really isn't near much :D

I too thought it would be near the sea but it isn't ..... I think if you stand on a big hill you may be luck to see a whittle bit of sea.

Good luck on Sunday ..... I have been committed to three full days on the end of a jackhammer trying to get this garden finished.

Al ..... you really should remove your address after Sunday as come Monday the sander may be gone .... there are some dodgy people out there and you have not only provided them with an address but also a snap shot of what is inside the shed. Could it be that Stinky is being sensible? :D

Ben from Vic.
10th June 2004, 12:00 AM

Except the Tabogan park!!!!

Ben

DPB
10th June 2004, 09:01 AM
I would love to accept your generous offer, Mate. You are only 45 minutes up the road.

Unfortunately, I will be boarding a plane at Tulla to embark on a four month OS trip.

Thank God for this BB. I couldn't handle the withdrawal from woodwork symptoms unless I took my laptop with me. (Wife's not too happy :mad: about this prospect.)

Have a few drinks for me guys :D !

Wood Borer
10th June 2004, 09:59 AM
Ozwinner,

Your generosity is exceeded only by your clever wit.

What would you like us bring in the way of food, drinks, toys, reputation points ......?

Sturdee, do want a lift to Ozwinner's?

Will there be valet parking available?

- Wood Borer

ozwinner
10th June 2004, 05:22 PM
Ozwinner,

Your generosity is exceeded only by your clever wit.

What would you like us bring in the way of food, drinks, toys, reputation points ......?

Sturdee, do want a lift to Ozwinner's?

Will there be valet parking available?

- Wood Borer
Just bring yourselves, I will get some light beer in.
Ill just get some snags and bread, ohh and maybe some bacon, ohh and maybe.......
Al

ozwinner
10th June 2004, 05:24 PM

I too thought it would be near the sea but it isn't ..... I think if you stand on a big hill you may be luck to see a whittle bit of sea.

Good luck on Sunday ..... I have been committed to three full days on the end of a jackhammer trying to get this garden finished.

Al ..... you really should remove your address after Sunday as come Monday the sander may be gone .... there are some dodgy people out there and you have not only provided them with an address but also a snap shot of what is inside the shed. Could it be that Stinky is being sensible? :D
Good idea Stinky, I seem to have this thing where I think every one is as honest as me. Duh

Al

Eastie
10th June 2004, 06:13 PM
Oz,
Inviting this mob over you are going to need all the good luck you can handle - have you seen the threads about how many of them injure themselves :eek:
I strongly suggest you have a hands in pockets rule :D

I hope you have a great day - unfortunately I can't make it but will aim to catch up at the melbourne wood show.

Best wishes,
Mark :)

(ps - if by some devine act of god I can cast off my shackles, I'll give you a call)

ozwinner
10th June 2004, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah.

I forgot to mention, its gaffer tape all round for yous lot when you get here.
Good one Mark. :)

Al

Wood Borer
10th June 2004, 06:30 PM
I am starting to get nervous about the gaffer tape. :o

- Wood Borer

MrFixIt
10th June 2004, 08:26 PM
Hi Al

Too far for me :( I'll wait for the Australian tour :D

Get all your sanding projects lined up and your "viewers" can practice and sand all your projects for you :D:D

Sir Stinkalot
10th June 2004, 09:20 PM
Dont forget the hard hats and the safety boots.

I would like to see you all decked out in your Triton (or equivelent) respirators standing around the sander watching it do its work. Get the camera out Al and make sure you provide us with a photo diary.

seriph1
11th June 2004, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately, I will be boarding a plane at Tulla to embark on a four month OS trip.

While you will be boarding a plane, some may be planing a board.

Look to your left just after you get in the air - we will break from our eating, sawing, planing, sanding and boring.....and wave - then its back, I assure you, to enjoying a little whittle, see?

:)

Tragic huh? coluldnt help myself :)