PDA

View Full Version : Posting my credentials

dr4g0nfly
7th April 2009, 08:16 AM
Hi folks,

I've been active for a couple of months now, posting help where I feel I can add value, thought I'd better post pictures of some of my work for you all to comment upon. I will also post pictures of a small chest in the boxmakers forum.

Here's hoping I can add these happy-snaps correctly,

Hmm, something seems to have happened but as this is my first picture post I'm not sure what.

The Ash bowl is made from figured wood, but I've never seen the dark flecks in the wood before (or since).

The Oak Fruit bowl is just that the apple beside it is Yew with a bark hollow, I find some people really like these as it looks like the apple is going bad (I don't ask!).

The Oak Fruit Stand was an off cut from a friends extension, he's loaned me it back to take a few Photos to post here.

The Reversed Oak Bowl, harder to explain, It's an Oak Burr (you say Burl), normally you'd turn these with a natural edge but the numpty with the chainsaw managed to cut through part of that, so I reversed it and found this inside. The cracks were there as I turned it hoped they would not fly off (and they didn't), I like it, most othere people like it but no offers to buy it yet.

I'll post more another day, comments as you wish,

The Dragonfly

mickelmaster
7th April 2009, 08:18 AM
Me thinks the last bowl may not be very good for cereal :p

Wayne Blanch
7th April 2009, 08:45 AM
Beautiful work Dragonfly!:2tsup:, I reckon that you must have had your nerves on edge turning the burl, just waiting for the explosion:o. I certainly would have. A great effort!

artme
7th April 2009, 09:58 AM
Bloody good credentials Dragonfly!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
7th April 2009, 12:02 PM
nice selection of woods and turnings:2tsup:

joe greiner
7th April 2009, 11:05 PM
Looks good, Dragonfly. Keep 'em coming.

Cheers,
Joe

orificiam
7th April 2009, 11:05 PM
:2tsup::2tsup:Very nice Dragonfly beautiful form on all of them and great finish.
Cheers Tony.:)