PDA

View Full Version : In case you were wondering....

ElizaLeahy
17th April 2009, 01:05 PM
No, I haven't lost interest. I have pneumonia.

Being me, I had to try something as soon as I was out of hospital, so I turned this...

(it's a mini keyring pen)

So of course I've inflamed the ligaments between the ribs now.

So I'll be a good girl, and do lots of what I'm suppose to (take my tablets, lay down, do nothing, be bored)

And hope that I'll have my voice back before my sons wedding (9 weeks!) and be back working soon.

Rum Pig
17th April 2009, 01:51 PM
Nice looking pen:2tsup:

Good luck with the recovery.:2tsup::2tsup:
If you keep getting pneumonia you might have to look at one of those space suit style face mask/air filter. I know someone up here has just got one because he was constantly getting pneumonia and did not wish to give up turning. So were there is a will there is a way. Good luck:2tsup:

bowl-basher
17th April 2009, 01:59 PM
Good to see you back Eliza How did your market day go?????

ElizaLeahy
17th April 2009, 02:27 PM
I needed more signs at the market. I'm suppose to do another market on Sunday - but that's out. Can't sell to people if I can't talk to them, and the cough will scare them away!

Mrs Woodpecker
17th April 2009, 05:27 PM
Great little pen Eliza. Hope you will soon be back on your feet. Take care.
Shirley

Sawdust Maker
17th April 2009, 05:34 PM
Nice looking pen
what's the timber and is that a worm hole I spy or the left over from a rusty nail

get better soon - but think of all the web research you can do whilst being good!

Allan at Wallan
17th April 2009, 05:56 PM
Get well soon Eliza - we all wish you a
very speedy recovery.:2tsup:

Allan

Ed Reiss
18th April 2009, 12:11 AM
...so what your saying is that the hospital didn't have internet access :doh::C

Get well soon Eliza...will keep you in my prayers.

robyn2839
18th April 2009, 08:07 AM
get well soon Eliza, and do as your told and rest,hear from you soon....bob

oldiephred
18th April 2009, 09:17 AM
Good to see you back. Have you noticed that when one gets older, time seems to move faster but the couple of weeks it used to take to beat pneumonia and the likes now goes much slower , like five to six weeks.
Take care of that

ElizaLeahy
18th April 2009, 10:02 AM
The timber is bull oak. Isn't it?

The main annoyance for me with this is that the medication they give me for my asthma when I have pneumonia takes away my voice. Last time - my eldest sons wedding. This time, my other son is getting married in about 9 weeks!!!! As my voice was gone for 3 months AFTER I finish with the sprays, and I'm still taking them, I'm assuming that I won't have a voice for this wedding either.

Zoe says it's a plot so that I can't object!

oldiephred
18th April 2009, 10:28 AM
Since I obviously don't know you but have shared your med. problem a time or two I can relate to the frustration. My approach would be to start now and write something that someone could read for you and use some humor (since you are a turner you obviously have a sense of humor:D) starting like: When --- got married I was so excited that it totally took my breath and voice away. Couldn't talk for weeks. One would think that that incident might have braced me for the next such event but , voila, here we are again.

Take heart that it is not your wedding.

Luvya. Hope all goes well

NeilS
18th April 2009, 01:09 PM
Best wishes Eliza for a speedy recovery.

Those asthma meds can sure effect your voice. I don't lose my voice, just sound raspy most of the time...:C... but they sure work a lot better than what was available for us fifty years ago...:).

Keep gargling!

Neil

PS - It's a bummer that we asthmatics have to work extra hard at our dust filtering, but it's just another challenge that we have cope with, not to mention the weird looks we get when we are wearing our dust protection outfits...:D

Ad de Crom
18th April 2009, 05:13 PM
Get well soon Eliza, I missed your postings already for a couple of weeks, now I know why.
Take the time you need to recover, your lathe don't run away.
Ad

new_guy90
18th April 2009, 07:13 PM
i thought you were just on the pen forum lol hope you get better soon i couldn't do weeks in bed or without a voice or heaven forbid working in the shed. was this because of the dust from all the turning you have been doing? reminds me to be more careful in my shop and start thinking about a dust extractor (while im still young :p) love the pen what a good idea

take it easy and get well soon

ElizaLeahy
18th April 2009, 07:20 PM
Patrick, I had pneumonia in September 2007 (just before other sons wedding!) so they can't blame this on the dust! In fact, when I told the dr's about woodturning they weren't at all interested.

munruben
18th April 2009, 08:14 PM
In fact, when I told the dr's about woodturning they weren't at all interested. They probably have another hobby Eliza:)

ElizaLeahy
18th April 2009, 09:20 PM
They probably have another hobby Eliza:)

Silly of them, isn't it?

Paul39
19th April 2009, 02:20 AM
" In fact, when I told the Dr's about woodturning they weren't at all interested."

It wasn't too terribly long ago that Drs were endorsing the mildness of certain brands of cigarettes.

Asbestos workers, coal and hard rock miners know dust is not good for the lungs.

I have also missed your posts.

Get well soon.