PDA

View Full Version : Tormek tool setter ???

disperse
25th April 2009, 01:24 PM
Hi all, I bought a sheppach wet grinder but use tormek jigs. I don't have a tool setter to adjust between the bar and the wheel. If someone has one , Could you pls let me now the 2 distances : A & B holes.

I bought some P&N gouges and I'm grinding the bowl gouge away trying to do a elsworth grind.

I am a noob and was going to try this grind.

Thanks Troy

Ps. if there is anyone out st marys way that was interested in coming over with a few pointers. I wouldn't say no....

disperse
28th April 2009, 01:13 PM
Surely there is someone here that could provide me with these two measurements !

I don't have a angle gauge ! But with these two measurements and the tormek guide book, I can grind the right angle

Regards Troy

Sprog
28th April 2009, 02:43 PM
Hi all, I bought a sheppach wet grinder but use tormek jigs. I don't have a tool setter to adjust between the bar and the wheel. If someone has one , Could you pls let me now the 2 distances : A & B holes.

I am assuming you want the distance between the universal tool support and the face of the grinding wheel.

On mine it is A 23.3mm B 58.3mm, on a line taken to the centre of the wheel.

This distance changes with the diameter of the wheel, that is why the TTS-100 is used.

disperse
29th April 2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks very much for that .....:U This will get me started

Regards Troy