PDA

View Full Version : tl 1500

murraythecod
26th April 2009, 09:33 AM
gday all, first time for me on this site!
I got hold of a teknatool nova tl 1500 lathe, it has no motor or belt and i am tyring to get hold of one so i can try my hand at wood turning(bowls).
does anyone know of where I could get one or of another alternative?
I have been on the web looking but having no luck!
any help would be great.
chris

Calm
26th April 2009, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the forum

Try Jim Carroll (www.CWS.au.com) - he is at Horsham this weekend.

Also feel free to come to Ballarat to this (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=94211) next Saturday

Cheers

Wayne Blanch
26th April 2009, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the madhouse:D
These forums (Fora?) are a fantastic resource and the people involved seem to always be willing to help where they can. Jim Carol (as mentioned by Calm) is a most helpful member and I am sure he will be able to get you up and running in no time.
Once you have "Tried your hand" at turning you will find there is no turning back.:doh: Pun intended.

artme
26th April 2009, 05:06 PM
G'day Chris and welcome to the ratbaggery.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Jim Carrol is your man, as Calm has said.

While you are at it I'd suggest you spend a few bucks more and get the Variable speed motor.

Happy turning!:)

rsser
26th April 2009, 08:42 PM
Hook up with the turner's group in Horsham. Think they're called the Wimmera Woodturners and meet at the showgrounds. Contact Brendan Stemp.

Mamabear
21st August 2019, 12:24 PM
Hey There, picked up my TL1500 at an estate sale last week and am LOVING it. It's my first time ever using a lather of any kind & I keep running into questions, hoping you guys can provide some answers! First, I already went on the Teknatool site to get the manual... it's a joke & Far from complete. I've been trying to find a video on Youtube with no luck either.
Do you all have the TL1500? Would you be willing to help a girl out?

Paul39
21st August 2019, 12:49 PM
Mamabear, These folks will be able to help: CWT – Chicago Woodturners (https://www.chicagowoodturners.com/)