PDA

View Full Version : Project/Toy design idea

BrettG
29th April 2009, 11:59 PM
Mazes !! Fun and frustration for the whole family :~

Through another hobby, I do a spot of 3D design work, ShortR story, I came across these maze patterns. Maybe some juice for anyone looking for something different to experiment with.

Idea ~ A nice one piece base with the 'walls' of the maze in a variety of timbers. Using these few initial patterns as a guide, you could make the 'walls' in standard sizes/blocks, so that the configuration can be changed. Maybe something for kids to take to school for a project..? see how long it takes their pet mouse to find the cheese..??

If theres any interest, I have a few other ( more complex) patterns, that could be used as guides.

Cheers

keju
1st May 2009, 08:54 AM
another idea would be to do the board with a scroll saw , using relief cut for the walls.. that way you could just push them up.. if you separated into several walls you could even leave them unglued and push them up and down as you like, but then it wouldn't be for real young kids.

Juvy

BrettG
6th May 2009, 11:36 PM
Good idea Juvy, :2tsup: the possibilities are endless.

tea lady
7th May 2009, 12:08 AM
Have you seen that game where one player is building the walls, while one is trying to get through it? :think: Looks like fun. :cool:

keju
7th May 2009, 09:14 AM
definately a spectators game..... fun to watch! Don't think it would be fun to actually play.... don't think I could distort my limbs that way and be able to straighten them again later lol
Juvy