PDA

View Full Version : Latest work

Andy Mac
8th May 2009, 02:22 PM
Hi there,
Here's a little construction I've been chipping away at during lunchtimes at work. It is for an exhibition of artists books I've been invited into, and the curator asked for something sculptural instead of the usual 2D paper works.
I've called it "Stick Book", and is made from privet branches, which I peeled soon after harvest, so it just fell off. They are fairly hard now, but still good for whittling and drilling. Each 'leaf' can move on the wire binding rings, and they are about 350mm x 250mm each. The shadows are pretty good under lights!

Cheers

Burnsy
8th May 2009, 02:33 PM
Andy that is cool and being a bit of a things need a use person I could see this making a fantastic jewelery rack for LOML. Necklaces, earrings, braclets and rings could be hung from the different pages.

tea lady
8th May 2009, 07:07 PM
I love it. I think I'd just hang my thoughts on it.:cool:

Woodwould
9th May 2009, 12:00 AM
I really like that. :thyel:

JDarvall
9th May 2009, 07:17 AM
looks good mate. always enjoy seeing your work. (still owe you a favour (dosh?) for that bit uno).

Andy Mac
9th May 2009, 05:57 PM
looks good mate. always enjoy seeing your work. (still owe you a favour (dosh?) for that bit uno).

Didn't we agree on an old buffer contraption??:)

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys and gals, I enjoyed the project!

Cheers

Claw Hama
9th May 2009, 06:44 PM
Very nice Andy Mac, looks sensational.

AlexS
9th May 2009, 06:52 PM
Top stuff Andy.

RufflyRustic
9th May 2009, 07:07 PM
The Book just blows me away Andy :oo::2tsup: Absolutely exploded my staid idea of a book!

cheers
Wendy

JDarvall
9th May 2009, 07:34 PM
Didn't we agree on an old buffer contraption??:)

:) yep, yep. its all yours. got it hidden around the back there. another thing there you might like too.

springwater
10th May 2009, 08:48 AM
I tripped over this thread as I was searching around in the dark for something or other, so glad I did, I must call in more often as I wouldn't want to mis work like "stick book". Wonderful work Andy, have always thought it exceptional and that the combination of engineer, mechanic and artist a potent mix. :2tsup:

underfoot
19th May 2009, 06:44 PM
I tripped over this thread as I was searching around in the dark . :2tsup:
yeah Andy, same here,
that piece is special :2tsup: love it.
you need to post over in sculpture so I'll find em.
cheers John

prozac
23rd May 2009, 11:26 PM
Clever ... oops, are you allowed to say that about art?

flynnsart
27th May 2009, 05:10 PM
:2tsup: I am rather partial to stickwork, I bet you enjoyed making that.

Donna