PDA

View Full Version : If you need Tassie timber?

ozwinner
22nd June 2004, 07:03 PM
Hi guys
If you need Tassie timber I cant recommend this guy enough, I received some timber off him and the quality is beautiful.
Will ship to the mainland no probs.
He is in Launceston.
Air dryed, moisture content 10%

Ken Pugh
Phone 03 6334 0699

Cheers, Al :)

outback
22nd June 2004, 07:22 PM
Is this the same guy you used earlier when looking for a syndicate?

If so, or even if not, how did it all pan out, was the hassle of organising worth the pay off?

I watched with interest as you got the deal together, and wondered at the end result.

ozwinner
22nd June 2004, 07:44 PM
All of the above. :)

And I didnt think it was a hassle, only a few phone calls. :)
And it is the same dude.
Nice result. :D
Once the boys see the timber, theyll be over the moon.

Al

Baz
22nd June 2004, 09:19 PM
Hi Al, is this the same guy that you told me about?
Cheers
Barry

ozwinner
23rd June 2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Al, is this the same guy that you told me about?
Cheers
BarryYep, this is the same guy. :)

Al

Bob Willson
23rd June 2004, 06:02 PM
I didn't see the original thread Al. What was the deal that you worked out in the end?

ozwinner
23rd June 2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Bob

I got 3 others together to go 1/4s in some timber from Tass.
Each put in $800, and we got about 1.5 cu M of Blackwood, and some Myrtle.
The timber is absolutly beautiful, you can see by the grain even in the rough how nice it will work.
I took a piccy, but it is nearly dark out side.
Some of the timber is nearly 4 M in length, and ranges from 125mm to 200mm x 25mm.
I wouldnt hesitate to do it again, although it took just as long to transport the timber from the Melbourne docks to my place, as it took to get from Launceston to Melbourne.

Al :)

Ben from Vic.
23rd June 2004, 07:39 PM
I would hesitate to do it again,Al :)

Al,

I'm going to presume that you mean "wouldn't hesitate".

Ben

Baz
23rd June 2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Al, sounds like you are happy with your timber,how about some daylight pix?
Cheers
Barry

Bob Willson
24th June 2004, 06:41 AM
Can't wait to see what you and the others make out of it Al. Hurry up and start something. :)

ozwinner
24th June 2004, 02:20 PM
Hi Al, sounds like you are happy with your timber,how about some daylight pix?
Cheers
Barry
Done.

Al

Bob Willson
24th June 2004, 03:48 PM
Tha's good Al, Tha's good. Now... HOW ABOUT POSTING THEM !!!!:rolleyes: :D

Justin
25th June 2004, 02:49 PM
There seems to be a bit of cupping on some of the pieces. Are they all backsawn ?

Justin.

ozwinner
25th June 2004, 02:51 PM
Must be your eyes, or the way it come out in the pic?? :confused:

Al

Justin
26th June 2004, 08:31 PM
Must be the pic, if they aren't cupped. It just seems that some of the boards are arched on the ends, visually they seem to contact the board underneath but not along their entire width. I've circled a few in the attached pic. I'd be keen to know how they were milled, I'm always on the lookout for nice timber and you seem very happy with your purchase.

Cheers,

Justin.

bsrlee
26th June 2004, 09:11 PM
MMmmmm Wood ! :eek:

ozwinner
26th June 2004, 09:32 PM
Must be the pic, if they aren't cupped. It just seems that some of the boards are arched on the ends, visually they seem to contact the board underneath but not along their entire width. I've circled a few in the attached pic. I'd be keen to know how they were milled, I'm always on the lookout for nice timber and you seem very happy with your purchase.

Cheers,

Justin.
Id say that by the way you have circled the timber, that you need to get a life.:mad:

Al

Justin
27th June 2004, 12:58 AM
Mmmm, someone's a bit grumpy tonight ! I was just trying to be specific, but my boss did tell me the other day that I can be too specific at times. Just goes to show that the written word can be taken in different ways by different people.

Peace,

Justin.

ozwinner
27th June 2004, 08:19 AM
Well it is a public forum, and whatever you post is viewable by every man and his dog. And to try to highlight the " problem " you posted the piccy.

Your post implyed that I was trying to unload bodgy timber on my mates, and anyone who has met me will tell you that I just aint that sort of person. :)
Sorry if I came across as a bad person, 'cause Im not.

Al

Justin
27th June 2004, 11:31 AM
No Probs. You obviously put a fair bit of effort into procuring the timber for the other parties, which is not something that a lot of people would bother to do nowadays. I can see how my scientific curiosity could have been misinterpreted as "allegations of bodginess", and in hindsight I could have worded my post a bit better to reflect that.

Cheers,

Justin.