PDA

View Full Version : Casting Blanks

HazzaB
12th May 2009, 12:34 PM
Hey There,

Is there anyone in Perth (or anywhere else, Perth is just handy for me if we need Face to Face discussions) who wants to have a go at casting some pen blanks for me??. I need to get some clear resin blanks with some special pics in them, I need to get some Ideas on cost and lead time, there will be 10 to do straight up and if it works, good then the sky will be limit. I showed the client one of the Printed Circuit Board pens that I have done, and he has an idea that he wants done, so if anyone is interested please send me a PM with your details I can contact you and get things rolling. Once we get sorted we can show the rest of the Forum how Clever we are.

HazzaB

dj_pnevans
15th May 2009, 10:30 PM
Pm sent.
David

Spanner69
20th May 2009, 11:32 PM
Waiting for the cleverness to be shown. :U:U:U

need pictures of your cleverness.:2tsup:

NewLondon88
21st May 2009, 11:09 AM
Spanner ..
I found a pic of the pressure pot and vacuum pump. This should give you an idea
so you can see who has something similar locally. :2tsup:

HazzaB
5th August 2009, 12:19 AM
Hey Everyone,

After lots and lots and lots of try this, try that, different labels, different resin brews, different moulds, I have almost given the idea the flick, I have 4 nearly acceptable blanks, and lost count of the didn't make it ones. We tried vinyl stickers, sticky photo paper, laminated paper labels, coating labels with PVA glue, coating them with Clear laquer, clear resin. We are having tubes slipping out of the labels, labels lifting in the resin, resin laminating off the labels during turning, labels letting go during final sanding and polishing. I am ready to go back to timber and getting them lazer engraved.

Dave has an idea that I hope works we will see in the next week or so.

HazzaB