PDA

View Full Version : Hair Sticks

ElizaLeahy
22nd May 2009, 07:25 PM
Hair sticks to what? I hear you ask. Well, superglue for one. But that isn't what this thread is about.

For those of you who's memories reach back to January you will remember that I first bought my lathe to make hair sticks with. Hair sticks are used to hold up ladies hair styles like buns etc.

I showed some of my early attempts, but I haven't shown anything lately, so I thought I would.

This beautiful timber was donated to me by Andrew from Tasmania.

Claw Hama
22nd May 2009, 09:46 PM
They look great Eliza, I do remember your other thread. I checked out your links, I've never seen so much hair. The sticks look realy good, what timbers are they? Huon pine maybe and ?, it's a little hard to tell from the photos.

Sawdust Maker
22nd May 2009, 09:51 PM
last two sassy perhaps?
who's head did you hold down as the backdrop? :p
nice work as usual:2tsup: haven't seen ya lately - what's happening

ElizaLeahy
22nd May 2009, 10:09 PM
The hair in those pictures is a cheap old wig. People can practice putting the sticks in it.

The first one is Huon, the other two are bh/sassy :)

Ed Reiss
23rd May 2009, 11:41 AM
How's the little fur face Gem getting on?

new_guy90
23rd May 2009, 11:53 AM
:2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
23rd May 2009, 04:21 PM
Gem is doing very well. She had her first outting today. Monday she gets the stitches out. :)

Enfield Guy
23rd May 2009, 08:08 PM
Very nice work Elisa. Going to the show?

ElizaLeahy
23rd May 2009, 08:22 PM
No. Wish I was!

:(

I have a market tomorrow where I'm going to try to offload some of this STUFF I've been making, not all of it in wood. I've also been making bead hair slides and felt hairslides as well, (you will notice they use a wooden bit).

And bead ones look like this.

Enfield Guy
24th May 2009, 05:54 PM
Shame you can't go. Hair thingies look great!!! Hope you do well at the markets. Sell well.