PDA

View Full Version : Recent work, and market.

tea lady
18th June 2009, 12:40 AM
I did the April market at Kalista just to see what people in the real world thought of my new designs. Was an actual sunny day, and didn't do to badly sales wise.:cool: I have been making wooden lids for ceramic cups. I'm quite pleased with them. :D (Lids from left to right are blackwood, mertyl, and huon pine. )

tea lady
18th June 2009, 12:51 AM
some more. (Blackwood lids. Sepite saucer under cups on the right. )

Ad de Crom
18th June 2009, 02:11 AM
Tea lady, I love your work, especially the combination of the wooden lids and saucers with the ceramic cups.
It's really wonderful.
Good luck with selling them.
Ad :2tsup:

underfoot
18th June 2009, 07:15 AM
very nice work TL, simple, elegant , great combination :2tsup:
(like the wafer weld display stand as well)

artme
18th June 2009, 08:19 AM
:wts::welldone:

Rommel
18th June 2009, 08:27 AM
Very Nice

Rum Pig
18th June 2009, 08:58 AM
I am impressed with the combo of timber and ceramics well done:2tsup::2tsup:

My only criticism and it is just my personal taste. I would prefer a turned knob on the lid instead of the rope BUT as I said that is just my taste.

tea lady
18th June 2009, 11:00 AM
I am impressed with the combo of timber and ceramics well done:2tsup::2tsup:

My only criticism and it is just my personal taste. I would prefer a turned knob on the lid instead of the rope BUT as I said that is just my taste.
The tassels just happened cos I had some wood with a hole in it and I made a lid thinking I'd put a knob on it, and then thought I'd try this instead. The first rope I tried was flourecent yellow. Looked great to me, but I thought it might scare the customers. If I make caramic lids I don't have knobs unless the lid is bigger than a hand can get around cos I think a knob upsets the flowing form. Can also mean that the piece ends up being liek a plinth for the knob. Anyway, distracting I reckon. I a funny way even though the blue tassels contrast so much, you still see the piece undernieth more. IMHO.:cool: (Plus they are cute. :p ) (Acshully the one I sold had no tassel OR knob on, so will prolly end up with just smooth lids.:rolleyes: Boooooooriiiiiing.:C )

Rum Pig
18th June 2009, 11:33 AM
Now that you mention it, a smooth lid on small lids would look better and leave the knob for the big lids:)

Woodwould
18th June 2009, 11:39 AM
Well done on the turning and the market :thyel:

dai sensei
18th June 2009, 01:16 PM
Good to hear the sales went well, certainly an appealing arrangement of ceramic and timber, well done :2tsup:

Gil Jones
18th June 2009, 03:08 PM
Anne-maria,
Fine work with both materials!!!! :2tsup:

TTIT
18th June 2009, 04:43 PM
Hope ya' checked that kids pockets before she took off:o :;

Good to see the combination of medias working for you :2tsup:

Sebastiaan56
18th June 2009, 06:12 PM
I was going to say that you look younger then I expected :U:U:U:U:U

I love your work Tea Lady, when business picks up expect a PM

Skew ChiDAMN!!
18th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Aren't you glad you took up turning your own pieces instead of getting someone else to do it for you? (Although your wallet may disagree... :D)

And looking at your display stand, I can't help but wonder what the uprights would look like if they were turned, too... :innocent:

Sawdust Maker
18th June 2009, 10:33 PM
Gotta say "I like your work TL" :2tsup:

powderpost
18th June 2009, 10:40 PM
You do nice work, I like it.
Jim

tea lady
18th June 2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for you r nice comments everyone.:cool:

Aren't you glad you took up turning your own pieces instead of getting someone else to do it for you? (Although your wallet may disagree... :D)

And looking at your display stand, I can't help but wonder what the uprights would look like if they were turned, too... :innocent:
I am not going to turn my display stand legs.:no: As for turning my own pieces instead, I suddenly find myself with not enough time too do every thing. I have quite a number of potential outlets, but I might have to give up sleeping, which is a real problem cos I keep getting tired. :yawn:

echnidna
19th June 2009, 10:41 AM
sounds like time for a price rise

Ed Reiss
19th June 2009, 12:42 PM
Anne-Marie...the mixed media your doing is terrific. A nice compliment to each other:2tsup:

Lignum
19th June 2009, 01:37 PM

That was the bit that i liked most. Looks great:)