PDA

View Full Version : Flying saucer

nine fingers
23rd June 2009, 01:38 PM
This was the piece I entered in the Australian Woodturning Exhibition last week end and very happy with the results. As this was the first time I had entered , I marked it not for sale .
I was offered a figure today that I could not refuse.:D:D:D Its gone.:oo:
cheers John.

Woodwould
23rd June 2009, 03:08 PM
A fascinating objet, and well done. Did it win a prize? How much couldn't you refuse? :roll:

jackliveshere
23rd June 2009, 03:13 PM
Looks great John - well done! I'd love to know as well how much was offered to make you part with it...:U

artme
23rd June 2009, 03:24 PM
I like it John!! Well done!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

nine fingers
23rd June 2009, 04:26 PM
A fascinating objet, and well done. Did it win a prize? How much couldn't you refuse? :roll:

As I have not entered that exhibition before ,it was in the novice section winning Best Acacia, and the Novice section.
A timber merchant purchasted it ,for show in his office. the price is confidential, sorry.:rolleyes: happy chappy :2tsup: John

Woodwould
23rd June 2009, 04:32 PM
As I have not entered that exhibition before ,it was in the novice section winning Best Acacia, and the Novice section.
A timber merchant purchasted it ,for show in his office. the price is confidential, sorry.:rolleyes: happy chappy :2tsup: John

Congratulations on the double-barrelled win!

jackliveshere
23rd June 2009, 04:54 PM
Hey what's the timber in it John?

powderpost
23rd June 2009, 05:20 PM
Avery, very nice piece, I like it. Congratulations.
Jim

nine fingers
23rd June 2009, 05:48 PM
Hey what's the timber in it John?

The 3 Acacias are Melanoxylon
Dealbata
Argyrodendron.
TTIT (Vern ) supplied the argyrodendron whick was the darkest timber.
I wanted something dark to set the others off ,Vern suggested this and sent me down enough to do the job.:U
regards John

dai sensei
23rd June 2009, 06:08 PM
Hmm, so Black Wattle, Silver Wattle and Black Gidgee.

Nice one John, interesting combination and result. Well done and congratulations :2tsup:

jackliveshere
23rd June 2009, 06:29 PM
The 3 Acacias are Melanoxylon
Dealbata
Argyrodendron.
TTIT (Vern ) supplied the argyrodendron whick was the darkest timber.
I wanted something dark to set the others off ,Vern suggested this and sent me down enough to do the job.:U
regards John

Thanks for that John!

Hmm, so Black Wattle, Silver Wattle and Black Gidgee.

Nice one John, interesting combination and result. Well done and congratulations :2tsup:

And a big thanks for that Neil as I'm still learning much about timber and was like "Mela-whata" "Argy-bargy" and "deal-or-no-deal"!!?? Common names are the go for a limited bloke like me! :2tsup:

Excellent piece and use of timbers John :U

Cheers,

Will

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd June 2009, 06:39 PM
Nice! :2tsup:

It seems that the forum was well represented at the Show this year. Pity I didn't manage to make it in this time around to see the items in person... :C

KenW
23rd June 2009, 10:06 PM
John, that was a very well made piece, congratulations on the win.
The offer must have been substantial, to make you part with it. Hope to see more entries from you next year.
Ken

tea lady
23rd June 2009, 11:24 PM
Aaaaah! The space ship. Was loverly.:2tsup:

Ad de Crom
23rd June 2009, 11:47 PM
John, nice, nice, very very nice.
Ad

Ed Reiss
24th June 2009, 12:32 AM
:wts: :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
24th June 2009, 10:00 AM
Very nice - and it flew away!

Congratulations!

Ed Reiss
24th June 2009, 11:47 AM
Out of this world !!!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

jefferson
24th June 2009, 06:41 PM
John - very nice work for a "novice". :2tsup:

You are streets ahead of me and no doubt a few others. But what about next year? You'll have gone up in class to intermediate, aspiring for Open. And have set the bar fairly high, so novel ideas for 2010 seem mandatory.

Well done and keep us all posted.

Jeff