PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

DJ’s Timber
24th June 2009, 12:34 AM
When I had the last turning do here at my place last December, I loaned a book to a certain gentleman who insisted that I put my name and address in the cover so he could post it back to me, but for the life of me I cannot remember his username :doh:

All I know of him is that it's this guy in the centre between Wally and David and I think he drove down from NSW with a bootload of Yellowbox as well if my memory serves me right.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91372&d=1229230065

Anyway I need that book back but I can't contact him as I don't have his details, but if someone was to remember his username, I could then send him an email or PM.

Rum Pig
24th June 2009, 09:08 AM
I have no idea how he is :no:but what was the book maybe I or some else will have a copy you could borrow. I know it is your own but if it gets you out of trouble until you can get your book back I would be happy to help:)

tea lady
24th June 2009, 10:03 AM
:hmm: I'm hopeless with names, and I got some of the wood and everything. :doh: Grumpy might remember. He got some wood too.:D He joined not much before that turn fest, so that might be one way to puzzle it out. :shrug:

rsser
24th June 2009, 12:25 PM
Think that's Wally (Woodwork Wally?) from Weribee on the right. He may recall the guy's name. And it's David Mitchell on the left.

tea lady
24th June 2009, 01:29 PM
The only other names on the thread about that turnfdest that aren't "us" are chipman and pheonix. :think: :shrug: pheonix is from NSW.

DJ’s Timber
24th June 2009, 01:59 PM
Think that's Wally (Woodwork Wally?) from Weribee on the right. He may recall the guy's name. And it's David Mitchell on the left.

Thanks Ern but I already knew that as I said in my post :doh:

All I know of him is that it's this guy in the centre between Wally and David

The only other names on the thread about that turnfdest that aren't "us" are chipman and pheonix. :think: :shrug: pheonix is from NSW.

Thanks TL, Pheonix could be the one but he is in Kingscliff which right up near the QLD/NSW border and I think he drove directly here from home so I think he is closer but I could be wrong but I'll send him a PM :H and the other Phoenix is in NZ.

And as for Chipman, he is one of us, he lives in Melbourne :o

DJ’s Timber
24th June 2009, 02:03 PM
what was the book maybe I or some else will have a copy you could borrow. I know it is your own but if it gets you out of trouble until you can get your book back I would be happy to help:)

Thanks for the offer RP, the book in question is the Bandsaw Handbook by Mark Duginske.

Not really needing it to get me out of trouble but I myself haven't read it through yet :doh: and I'd like to :U

tea lady
24th June 2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks TL, Pheonix could be the one but he is in Kingscliff which right up near the QLD/NSW border and I think he drove directly here from home so I think he is closer but I could be wrong but I'll send him a PM :H and the other Phoenix is in NZ.

And as for Chipman, he is one of us, he lives in Melbourne :o

Oh! Maybe not Pheonix. I kinda remember that he was from wadonga or not much further north that that. :shrug:

:D I said one of "us" cos that whole thread pre the turnfest is a discusion about the chocy ripple cake by Ern, David, grumpy and me.:rolleyes:

dai sensei
24th June 2009, 07:54 PM
Sorry DJ, like most people I meet, I know the face but not the name :-

DJ’s Timber
24th June 2009, 08:01 PM
Oh! Maybe not Pheonix. I kinda remember that he was from wadonga or not much further north that that. :shrug:

That was my impression too, came from somewhere just north of the VIC/NSW border

jefferson
24th June 2009, 08:41 PM
DJ,

I'm up near the Vic-NSW border but it wasn't me!:((

That bloke has more hair than I too if you're looking for proof.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
24th June 2009, 08:43 PM
You can relax Jeff, know it wasn't you, otherwise you'd be sitting funny :o :U

Grumpy John
25th June 2009, 11:46 AM
Hi DJ, I think it might be Geof_Ford (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=85864&highlight=yellow+box) :2tsup:.

DJ’s Timber
25th June 2009, 11:56 AM
That's the man, thanks GJ :H

tea lady
25th June 2009, 05:06 PM
Hi DJ, I think it might be Geof_Ford (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=85864&highlight=yellow+box) :2tsup:.
:wave: I knew Grumpy would know.:cool:

Calm
25th June 2009, 07:34 PM

What a memory John and it only took 2 days to remember.:D:D:D

Cheers

Grumpy John
25th June 2009, 10:32 PM
What a memory John and it only took 2 days to remember.:D:D:D

Cheers

Fair suck o' the sauce bottle mate, I didn't see the post till 10:30 this morning :D.

Chipman
1st July 2009, 01:30 PM

No, that is definitely not me! I am the one in the foreground of this pic taken at DJ's back in December (the last turnfest I went to)

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91379&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1229230065

and yes, I am still living in Mooroolbark

Haven't been active lately due to my wife's ongoing health problems and now mine...I do well to check the forum once a month these days.

Good luck with tracking down the culprit/book

Chipman

tea lady
1st July 2009, 03:12 PM
No, that is definitely not me!

Haven't been active lately due to my wife's ongoing health problems and now mine...I do well to check the forum once a month these days.

Good luck with tracking down the culprit/book

ChipmanSorry to her you are not well. :C Look after yourself. (II didn't think it was you.:D Just trying to work it out. )

Grumpy John
2nd August 2009, 06:15 PM
When I had the last turning do here at my place last December, I loaned a book to a certain gentleman who insisted that I put my name and address in the cover so he could post it back to me, but for the life of me I cannot remember his username :doh:

All I know of him is that it's this guy in the centre between Wally and David and I think he drove down from NSW with a bootload of Yellowbox as well if my memory serves me right.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91372&d=1229230065

Anyway I need that book back but I can't contact him as I don't have his details, but if someone was to remember his username, I could then send him an email or PM.

Didja end up getting your book back DJ?

DJ’s Timber
5th August 2009, 09:17 AM
Not yet GJ, sent him an email or PM back then and I haven't had a reply as of yet :no:

Me thinks I might have to try and track down his Phone number and give him a call maybe.

DJ’s Timber
10th August 2009, 12:11 PM
Happy to report that I have now been in touch with Geoff and the book will be home soon, thanks all for you help :H

tea lady
10th August 2009, 02:09 PM
Yey!. Just in time for the next Turnfest.:2tsup: (So when was that going to be? :D )

Grumpy John
10th August 2009, 02:44 PM
Good to hear DJ :2tsup: