PDA

View Full Version : A liitle too far.

RETIRED
28th June 2009, 11:41 PM
YouTube - Woodturning Bowl Coring Blooper - Kel McNaughton System

joe greiner
29th June 2009, 12:12 AM
I'm not real sure, but it would make more sense to do the innermost blank first, then work outward.

Still searching for the Fountain of Smart, are we?:p

Cheers,
Joe

Ed Reiss
29th June 2009, 02:37 AM
I'm not real sure, but it would make more sense to do the innermost blank first, then work outward.

...you think? :doh:

and she's not even a blonde :D

Calm
29th June 2009, 06:44 PM

Still searching for the Fountain of Smart, are we?:p

Cheers,
Joe

Actually if you use a face plate ring you hold the blank by it then turn the tenon on the bottom
- remove as she did
- hold by face plate ring again - turn a tenon on the bottom
- remopve the outer bowl again
- hold by face plate ring again - turn a tenn on the bottom.
- remove outer bowk again.

If you remove the inner bowl how do you hold it to rechuck and finish - apart from donut/longworth chuck or cole jaws to turn tenon on base to re chuck

So she is correct as i would do it except i leave the face plate ring attached and work inwards.

just my way - maybe not everyones cup of tea.

Cheers

dai sensei
29th June 2009, 06:48 PM
Spot on David, it is also the way recommended.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th June 2009, 07:56 PM
I can't help but wonder why she hollowed that little dimple... it'd make more sense to me if it was a mortise for remounting in a chuck using expansion mode.

If she is planning to use a faceplate (or ring) then why didn't she start with one to to turn the spigot that's already in use... and then leave the faceplate (or ring) still attached so she doesn't have to muck around replacing it for the remount?

There's something not quite right going on there. :think:

Calm
29th June 2009, 08:12 PM
I can't help but wonder why she hollowed that little dimple... it'd make more sense to me if it was a mortise for remounting in a chuck using expansion mode.

If she is planning to use a faceplate (or ring) then why didn't she start with one to to turn the spigot that's already in use... and then leave the faceplate (or ring) still attached so she doesn't have to muck around replacing it for the remount?

There's something not quite right going on there. :think:

Self explanatory really -- read the red bits.:D:D:D:D:D

and th blue bits well enough said:D:D:D:D

gee he's in top form tonight:p:p

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th June 2009, 08:17 PM
gee he's in top form tonight:p:p

Obviously your daughters don't read these forums... :U

RETIRED
29th June 2009, 08:17 PM
David, I hope you have the armour on tonight.:D

rsser
29th June 2009, 08:47 PM
I thought the 'stand clear' came before the heart starter.