PDA

View Full Version : Agenda for the next WWF (Vic chapter) meeting

jefferson
3rd July 2009, 12:45 AM
I've already alerted the Axe Wielder to one item I'd like to cover at our next meeting.

I would like to see us cover Holding - chucking, face-plates, jam chucks etc. Some of the stuff that Ken W. and Skew have shown me have been of real benefit, but I'd like to step back and start from square one.

I'd say come up here to Kiewa, but that's too far for an "ordinary" meeting.

(Mind you, I'm expecting to see quite a few of you here between Xmas and New Year. Pencil it in your diaries, as Xmas is busy as you all know. I'm coaxing the masters on the Board to arrive, so expect plenty of fun, education and product).

Any other agenda items?

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
3rd July 2009, 12:49 AM
Talking of the next meeting, have any of us nominated a weekend or place yet?

tea lady
3rd July 2009, 12:58 AM
Talking of the next meeting, have any of us nominated a weekend or place yet?Jayzus! 's shed is still all messed up from the last one. :doh: (:think: Maybe we could make it next weekend.:D )

DJ’s Timber
3rd July 2009, 01:07 AM
I'm happy to host the next one, have been cleaning up here :;

tea lady
3rd July 2009, 01:08 AM
Collecting pen blanks for the bonfire.:D

jefferson
3rd July 2009, 01:30 AM
I'm happy to host the next one, have been cleaning up here :;

DJ, I won't be rude but is the VL300 up and running?

told us not the bring ANYTHING in the way of lathes last time and we struggled...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Poor Ken W. was cursing too I might add.

I can bring the little VL100 and all my faceplates and chucks which will suit yours, so that's a start.

When are we thinking?

And what else on the agenda?

Not finials please. At least not for another 12 or 18 months.

Bowl/ platter / box design might also be a useful topic of conversation.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
3rd July 2009, 01:40 AM
DJ, I won't be rude but is the VL300 up and running?

Bowl/ platter / box design might also be a useful topic of conversation.

Got all the parts here, and have plans to put it back together next week :2tsup:

I'm happy to brush up my limited skills on Box making.

jefferson
3rd July 2009, 02:01 AM
Got all the parts here, and have plans to put it back together next week :2tsup:

I'm happy to brush up my limited skills on Box making.

DJ, you better have the VL 300 up and going, as I'm coming down with the wife and dogs, like it or not. (Well, pretty please? :rolleyes:)

As for box making, Ken W and Skew have given me ample education over the last few weeks.... Question is whether I have learned from the experience.

Me, Anne, dogs ready to go. Little dogs, but get the hot wire on the fence on stand-by.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
3rd July 2009, 02:08 AM
DJ, you better have the VL 300 up and going, as I'm coming down with the wife and dogs, like it or not. (Well, pretty please? :rolleyes:)

Which is why I'm planning on putting it back together :;, plus I have been pining to do some turning.

And on the dog front, got a new neighbour who have a Foxie (I think) and he wanders in and out as he pleases without my dogs ripping him apart :o, same as tea lady's dog Lolly.

tea lady
3rd July 2009, 11:05 AM
Which is why I'm planning on putting it back together :;, plus I have been pining to do some turning.

And on the dog front, got a new neighbour who have a Foxie (I think) and he wanders in and out as he pleases without my dogs ripping him apart :o, same as tea lady's dog Lolly.Maybe its to protect your dogs..... :D