Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW VIDEO forum

Default NEW VIDEO forum

There is now a Video Forum which can be found by clicking on the Videos tab on the top Navigation Bar.

Click on it to go to our new video forum which will enable you to post videos from a range of online video sources:
    YouTube, Dailymotion, MetaCafe, Veoh, Google Video, MySpace, MyVideo, Sevenload, Vidmax, Vimeo, Funnyordie.com, Izlesene.

The videos will be displayed in the video forum which means you won't have to leave the forums to view instructional videos, etc.

This could end up being a fantastic video resource for woodwork, metalwork, musical instrument makers, finishers, etc with a library of video's at your fingertips.

However to make it work we need members to upload videos into the forum. Pretty much all videos found online can be uploaded to this forum so long as they are not Copyrighted.

We are working on bringing the forum videos over to this forum as well as the ones listed above.

For information on how to load videos please have a look at THIS THREAD

Please Note: New videos will be subject to approval by a member of the admin team.

Below is an alphabetical list of video sections/types we're looking to populate.
    Numbers beside the below listing are the current number of videos for that section

Box Making / Bandsaw Boxes
    Festool
    Finishing
    Funny
    Hand Tools
    Instructional / Demonstrations
    Miscellaneous
    Music
    Routers
    Safety
    Scrolling / Intarsia / Marquetry
    Toys

Triton
    Woodturning
    Woodworking
    Woodworking Tools / Jigs
    Work in Progress
    Workshop Tours

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Got a few to upload but not many categories for metalworking...yet

Phil

What a great enhancement, thank you.
    -Scott

Do you mean 'physical' uploads of videos ... or links to videos out in the web?

Eg

... Paul Sellars has some good hand-tool videos that could be linked to ... but not, I assume, uploaded.

... I have made some (at best) extremely average videos regarding hand-tools that are stored at vimeo.com.

Thanks,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Steamwhisperer View Post
    Got a few to upload but not many categories for metalworking...yet

Phil
    Give me some categories and I'll put em on.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgee View Post

Eg

... Paul Sellars has some good hand-tool videos that could be linked to ... but not, I assume, uploaded.

... I have made some (at best) extremely average videos regarding hand-tools that are stored at vimeo.com.

Thanks,
    Paul

Oh yes please +1 for paul sellers and hand tool videos

Quote Originally Posted by ubeaut View Post
    Give me some categories and I'll put em on.
    I just knew you were going to say that
    Milling work, Lathe work, Shaper work, CNC, Steam models, Metalwork hand tools, Metalwork machine tools.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Steamwhisperer View Post
    I just knew you were going to say that
    Milling work, Lathe work, Shaper work, CNC, Steam models, Metalwork hand tools, Metalwork machine tools.

Phil
    I just knew you were probably going to say something like that...

That'll teach me to open my mouth, eh.

Let's start with:
    • Metalwork General/Misc
    • Metalwork - Hand & Machine Tools
    • Metalwork - Milling & Lathe work

and see where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgee
    Eg

If the videos are hosted on any of the below sites they can be uploaded to the forums Video section.
    YouTube, Dailymotion, MetaCafe, Veoh, Google Video, MySpace, MyVideo, Sevenload, Vidmax, Vimeo, Funnyordie.com, Izlesene.

The idea of the Video Forum is to enable members/guests to view videos without having to leave the forums.

Please do not put links to video's that are off this site into the Video Forum.

Cheers - Neil

If the videos are hosted on any of the below sites they can be uploaded to the forums Video section.
    YouTube, ...
    The idea of the Video Forum is to enable members/guests to view videos without having to leave the forums.
    Please do not put links to video's that are off this site into the Video Forum.
    Cheers - Neil
    Sorry to be continually thick, but the video below for example I think is an inserted or embedded link.
    At the moment of typing this post it looks like: "[ VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywkwvoJALEA[ /VIDEO]"

Uploading to me would mean saving his video onto my harddisk, then uploading 300Mb or whatever to WWF.

Just trying to understand precisely what you would like in this section.

Thanks,
    Paul

I just knew you were probably going to say something like that...

That'll teach me to open my mouth, eh.

Let's start with:
    • Metalwork General/Misc
    • Metalwork - Hand & Machine Tools
    • Metalwork - Milling & Lathe work

and see where it goes from there.
    Cheers - Neil
    Excellent Neil,
    They are going to cover 90%.

Phil

With video posts like those I can't see this section going anywhere. It would be nice to see member videos but I understand how time consuming they are to produce still though a thought for those who enjoy making videos, maybe I'll even make one not sure how it would go using a phone as my cam corders. lol do they still have cam corders or are they called something else now.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgee View Post
    Sorry to be continually thick, but the video below for example I think is an inserted or embedded link.
    At the moment of typing this post it looks like: "[ VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywkwvoJALEA[ /VIDEO]"

Uploading to me would mean saving his video onto my harddisk, Not trying to be smart here but that's a download then uploading 300Mb or whatever to WWF.

Maybe what should be said is upload from the YouTube or other video repository to the VIDEO Forum on WWF.

Just trying to understand precisely what you would like in this section.
    What we would like in the Video Forum is:
    Preferably good, interesting, inspiring, favorite video's, etc.

See the pic below for download info plus read the info on posting to the Video Forum THIS THREAD

But the basic info is this:

• Click on the Video tab at top of page
    • Click on Add Upload
    • Paste url to video in Please enter VideoURL to get the details box
    • Click on the LOAD button
    • Go to Category to select the category you want the video in.
    • Go to bottom of page and chick on Submit

Wait patiently until the video is approved by an admin or moderator.

Hope this is of some help.

youtube info.png

Cheers - Neil

Quote Originally Posted by section1 View Post
    With video posts like those I can't see this section going anywhere. It would be nice to see member videos but I understand how time consuming they are to produce still though a thought for those who enjoy making videos, maybe I'll even make one not sure how it would go using a phone as my cam corders. lol do they still have cam corders or are they called something else now.
    I have to agree with your sentiments on the video posted above. Almost anything that's helpful is good value but boring ones aren't going to help. Apologies to anyone who thinks that video was good but I really really had trouble trying to watch it and skipped through it rather than than watch the whole thing.

There are a heap of members videos in the Library. However for the moment they can not be transferred into the Video Forum because many of them are bit torrent videos and need to be converted. We are working on getting them into the Video Forum but may take a little while.

There are some very good instructional videos by some really talented people but some are dead boring. One notable set of 3 woodturning video's spring to mind immediately. Not sure if anyone has ever seen the full set as most fall asleep withing the first few minutes. Great cure for insomnia though.

Sorry..... Well done to anyone who makes a movie no matter how good or bad.

Cheers - Neil

OK LET'S GET OUT INTO VIDEO LAND AND START POPULATING THE VIDEO FORUM (preferably with good vids)

What I meant was ...
    "Uploading to me would mean (saving his video onto my harddisk, then uploading 300Mb or whatever to WWF)."

It is probably just the terminology I am trying to be sure about.

If I film something of me messing around with one or more saws, then it ends up as between say 20mb to 400mb ... and I tried much earlier uploading such a file to wwf but it wouldn't have it ... which was when I first tried vimeo.

And I'm pretty sure you are not saying we should capture/download (eg) a Paul Sellars video - which is his work and belongs to him - and then upload the resulting large file to wwf.

So I'm assuming the aim is links to external videos (+member created of course) ... but embedded into the page so they play on the wwf page. That was the reason for the Sellars video - not for the content, but as an example of the end result I am presuming you are/were after.

On the topic of categories, I might be able to fill this one: "Overlong or just awkward videos of newbies trying to figure out pretty basic stuff and trying to illustrate the dumb things they have been trying but can't adequately describe, while those who know better very kindly are too polite to express their honest evaluation of the resulting mess"

Thanks,
    Paul

On my website www.cgexperience.com I have my own videos and I have other websites videos which is perfectly legal as long as I link it to their site but it plays on my site so they don't leave my site and go to theirs but can if they want to.

Here is an example Play Video

If you click on the play button the video plays if you click on the video screen your taken directly to the source.

I hope that made sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast