Thread: Skiing locally
- 15th Jul 2011, 08:57 AM #16
Wow! Great Pics.
It might almost make it worth putting up with all that COLD!Cheers,
- 15th Jul 2011 08:57 AM # ADSAds Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- 15th Jul 2011, 11:35 AM #17
1 degree in Mt Beauty at 9am today! All the paddocks and lawns were white with frost.Cheers,
- 24th Jul 2011, 03:19 PM #18
- 27th Jul 2011, 03:35 PM #19
The landlady's house is at the front and she's reno'd in a number of ways, not least redgum wainscoting.
But in one room, she had the ceiling lined with redgum boards all of the most spekky fiddleback. Sourced from the local mill. The figure changes are about a thumb width. Never seen the like. Drool, throttled omi-gods and chin on floor.Cheers,
- 12th Aug 2011, 12:13 PM #20
Cracked Bogong on foot and skis. Chuffed I am; though I needed my mates' help to ferry the pack up the last steep pinch before Cleve Cole hut. Bless 'em. I was completely knackered.
The intel had this approach as 2-3 hours; took us (ok me) 6 hours. Lots of trees down and regrowth after the fires meant 2 steps forward and one sideways.
We had 3 nights in the magnificent Cleve Cole hut but the vis was mis so while the summit goal was achieved, the hope of long runs down the gullies fell before my fear of further joint injuries.
Younger party members didn't feel so constrained and did Cairn Gully and Audax.Cheers,
- By hughie in forum WOODTURNING - GENERALReplies: 7Last Post: 2nd Apr 2010, 11:35 AM
- By killerbeast in forum WOODTURNING - GENERALReplies: 3Last Post: 3rd Jan 2008, 02:49 AM
- By JupiterCreek in forum TIMBERReplies: 17Last Post: 14th Jun 2006, 03:57 PM
- By Little Festo in forum WOODWORK PICSReplies: 5Last Post: 29th Oct 2003, 11:01 PM