Thread: bowl adze
- 20th Jul 2006, 12:35 AM #1
I have been looking for a source for a bowl adze. Does anyone know a supplier in Oz? Preferably Melbourne.
Maybe you know someone with a bowl adze they don't use who wants to sell it?
Thought I would try to hand hew a bowl or two. Perhaps one green and one in dry timber.Cheers,
- 20th Jul 2006 12:35 AM # ADSAds Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- 20th Jul 2006, 06:12 AM #2
- 20th Jul 2006, 11:12 AM #3
I haven't seen a bowl adze either, except on a US web site. The Pfiel carving chisel looks very like it - I think the only difference is that the bowl adze is ground on the outside, but I am not sure about that either.
Thanks for the web address, that is a really great site with some fascinating tools there!Cheers,
- 20th Jul 2006, 04:17 PM #4
Steck, be careful going thru Hans' site. Puddles of drool sometimes form under you and you get the overwhelming urge to get out the plastic fantastic and buy something!
Last edited by Pat; 20th Jul 2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: One day I will check for Gumby-itis!Pat
Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain
- 20th Jul 2006, 11:13 PM #5
I know - I am suffering from it already.Cheers,
- By cypher in forum WOODTURNING - GENERALReplies: 11Last Post: 28th Jun 2006, 05:34 PM
- By CameronPotter in forum WOODTURNING - GENERALReplies: 36Last Post: 23rd Jan 2006, 09:30 AM
- By Little Festo in forum WOODWORK PICSReplies: 16Last Post: 4th Aug 2005, 09:15 AM
- By Babytoolman in forum WOODTURNING - GENERALReplies: 36Last Post: 11th Aug 2004, 12:03 AM
- By jhunt_2000 in forum WOODWORK PICSReplies: 5Last Post: 17th Dec 2003, 03:20 PM