Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Big Wharf Timber For Sale

    Okay - a good mate of mine spent a long time a few years ago salvaging big timber from the old Newstead Wharves in Bisbane - it was wrapped in copper and he has a full crane truck load of 10 " x 10" and other sizes. It has been stacked for about two years at Darra (in Brisbane) and is overgrown with lantana etc. He asked if I could help get rid of it for him so if there is anyone interested let me know. Most peices are 3m long and 206mm x 260mm - it would make awesome furniture and great beams or posts in feature building.
    Love the Bare

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Plainland, Between Brisbane and Toowoomba
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi there, first time here so hello to everyone.

    As to the timber your friend has, what type, and how much does he want for it, I am assuming per piece.

    Cheers

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No idea - he'd rather sell the lot. Anyone interested can message me if they like and I will organise an inspection.

    thanks

    ccb
    Love the Bare

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Harrington
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Do you still have the timber for sale?

    Hi,Im interested in the timber you have. Please email me directly on phillippa@vampbikinis.com to discuss price. Kind regards,Phillippa

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp Bikinis
    Hi,Im interested in the timber you have. Please email me directly on phillippa@vampbikinis.com to discuss price. Kind regards,Phillippa
    Wharf timber bikinis??
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Gorokan Central Coast NSW
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If it's wharf timber the odds are it's Turpentine.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Near Bodgy, AlexS, Wongo & CraigB
    Age
    8
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    or huon pine.
    Zed

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Broome West Aussie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default

    Or Jarrah or Karri... would love it at those sizes theyre perfect for a keel
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somers, Victoria
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,609
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Turpentine I bet. Used to be heaps growing on Fraser Island I think.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Brisbane North
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shedhand
    Turpentine I bet. Used to be heaps growing on Fraser Island I think.
    Firstly, is there any left?

    Secondly, congrats on the "grand" of posts Shed...
    Always trying to learn different ways of doing things, one day an alternate method will come in handy...


    George

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kangaroo Valley. NSW.
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Do you still have timbers by any chance?

    Hi,

    We are building a post and beam mud brick house in Kangaroo Valley and have been tyring to purchase affordable wharf or bridge timbers, no luck yet? I cringed when reading that these were to be used for landscaping.

    Thanks,

    Sue

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bungendore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sue,
    The last post on this thread was just over two years ago... wouldn't hold your breath and it looks like they are in Brisbane.

    Corbs
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wharf Timber for sale. - Lots of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Boyle View Post
    Hi,

    We are building a post and beam mud brick house in Kangaroo Valley and have been tyring to purchase affordable wharf or bridge timbers, no luck yet? I cringed when reading that these were to be used for landscaping.

    Thanks,

    Sue
    Hi Sue,

    I have access to a huge range of Jarrah wharf timbers salvaged from Victoria Dock in Melbourne. let me know if you are still interested. The timber is stored near Yarra Glenn ouside of Melbourne.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somers, Victoria
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,609
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is also big wharf timber - Tasmanian Blue Gum - available in Hobart from a company called Upton's Salvage (Mornington Branch ph 03 6244 2422) up to 10" x 8" and up to 6m long. It is commanding huge prices from Architects in Sydney,

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kempsey
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corcorbear View Post
    Okay - a good mate of mine spent a long time a few years ago salvaging big timber from the old Newstead Wharves in Bisbane - it was wrapped in copper and he has a full crane truck load of 10 " x 10" and other sizes. It has been stacked for about two years at Darra (in Brisbane) and is overgrown with lantana etc. He asked if I could help get rid of it for him so if there is anyone interested let me know. Most peices are 3m long and 206mm x 260mm - it would make awesome furniture and great beams or posts in feature building.
    Hey mate would be keen to set up meeting to have a look at the wharf timber if it hasn't already gone. Not interested in turpentine thou. I am always on the look out for recycled and used hardwood, so if u know of any other info it would be apreciated. thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. big old timber doors
    By Sigidi in forum DOORS, WINDOWS, ARCHITRAVES & SKIRTS ETC
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17th Apr 2006, 12:21 AM
  2. Deceptive timber
    By Suresh in forum HAVE YOUR SAY
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th Sep 2005, 11:42 PM
  3. Timber Sample Collection
    By echnidna in forum WOODWORK - GENERAL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th Dec 2004, 11:52 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 28th Jun 2004, 01:41 PM
  5. What timber can I use ?
    By Arron in forum TIMBER
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th Jun 2003, 08:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •