Thread: I'm a newbie with an AKA
- 21st Sep 2010, 05:19 PM #1
I'm a newbie with an AKA
G'day to all, from Canada,eh!
My first post to this forum, just joined. To start, I'm 68 and a recent amputee - single limb (aka). My experience in woodworking has been mostly maintenance around the house, current and previous. Full basement development including sauna, double shower, wet bar, feature granite stone wall. I was using a Craftsman 10" RAS at the time - loved it - sold it. Boxes, bookcases, a few basic tables, etc. Didn't even know what a jig was !. That was all a few years back. As a kid, it was all my dad's hand tools - just the basics for a long time.
Now I have a Craftsman 10" table saw system (Ryobi BT3100 I believe) and it's at 37 1/2" with the stand. I would like to separate the two and build a cabinet to mount the saw on, along with storage. In short, a more accessible unit.. height wise. Does anyone know what would be a good height to work from safely ??- like working from an office chair. I'm a shorty (5'6") and found that 37 " was a little uncomfortable. I do have a prothetic but I don't wear it around the house very much, but standing and leaning over the table is not cool. Also, long rips are a little concern, not that I foresee a lot of them.
Would love to hear from others in this situation as to what they have done.
I have posted this in the Introduction forum.
And I think that woodworking is alive and well.
- 21st Sep 2010 05:19 PM # ADSAds Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- 21st Sep 2010, 08:03 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Blog Entries
Glen good to see you posted here too.With the eyes of a child, You must come out and see, That your world's spinning 'round And through life you will be A small part Of a hope Of a love That exists In the eyes of a child you will see "John Lodge"
- By T-bar in forum G'day mate - THE WELCOME WAGON -Introduce yourselfReplies: 8Last Post: 12th Apr 2009, 07:18 PM
- By dmitryz60 in forum G'day mate - THE WELCOME WAGON -Introduce yourselfReplies: 14Last Post: 3rd Apr 2009, 12:29 PM
- By tjcarita in forum WOODWORK PICSReplies: 22Last Post: 7th Apr 2007, 01:31 PM
- By Ray J in forum ROUTING FORUMReplies: 0Last Post: 25th Feb 2006, 09:30 PM