THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT - PLEASE NOTE:
REGISTER before you can post, view all the pictures, see all threads
Registering will also stop those annoying popup link ads from
Timber & Working With Wood Show
12, 13, 14 June 2015 10:00am to 4:00pm
Hall 6, Sydney Showground,
Sydney Olympic Park
For more info or to volunteer
Unable to help,
CLICK HERE for
info & discounted entry.
NOS tank, maybe an old soda bulb
Thanks Artme, Crowie & Brian,
Soda bulb is a great idea & could work well, will have to look and see if i've got any. Been playing around with steering for past week trying to get it to work, i've weld it, brassed it, silver soldiered it, steel epoxy it and it still broke so looks like it wont be steering. Tonight i made a braket and mounted to side of radiator and get the otherside made and mounted in the next day or so.
Proud to be an AUSTRALIAN
If you know any cyclists the may use these, particularly road cyclists. Used as compressed air to pump tyres.
About 90mm x 20mm.
They are worth about $6 each. Your local bike shop might be able to scrounge a few empties.
For your steering maybe a link of old bicycle chain if you attach the outer link plates to the stub axle and drill a hole in the end of the axle, the pin from the chain will hold up to a lot of stress Hopefully this picture gives a bit of an idea of what i mean
You would probably need a chain breaker, breaker.jpg
Other parts that might be useful, brake cable for braided fuel lines, spokes for steering rods etc. Spokes also have threaded ends and matching nuts. Your local bike shop probably has a rubbish bin full of goodies
Thanks Brian ,
Theirs a few great ideas there , today i got the other bracket glued to the side of the radiator, then i was wondering what to use for radiator hoses when i remembered i had some 8mm hose giving to me years ago(as they say you'll use it one day)so i dug it out and it will worked a treat. I then found some 6.5mm dia rod that fitted the internal dia of the hose. Out of that 6.5 rod i bent up the top hose housing and mounted it to the motor. I also got the crankshaft and tension pulley epoxied in postion. There is a pic of the bracket im having trouble to mount i will most probally give it another go later after i get over it not working.
It's sure testing your patience but it should be a winner.
Enough is enough, more than enough is too much.
Just found this, great work Scotty. Can't beleive that you are doing it off the top of your head with the amount of detail that you are going into.
Excellent work, keep it up
You are continuing to dazzle & amaze me with such detail.
Another well done.
Thanks Tony & Crowie,
Today i drilled and mounted the top & bottom hose outlets to the radiator and drilled and tapped the chassis then screwed radiator to chassis. I still have to fabricate a water pump to mount the bottom hose too.
I should have tuned in earlier, I'll take a seat and watch now
I see you get or got your steel from Bunnies - why not go to Edcon they are happy to sell odd lengths etc
veni, vidi, tornavi
Without wood it's just ...
Thanks for your comments Nick and thanks for the tip, i haven't heard of them before i looked them up and there's one at Revesby so not to far away. To update on rod i took to work and showed the guys the progress i've made since they seen the side body panels cut on water jet. I went to my paint supplies and picked up a new glue that spose to stick metal together so i brought some and i have tried to glue the steering arm together, i will let dry for a few days before trying to see if it worked or not.
Well i tried it and it failed again so now the steer will be fixed. Today i reglued them back on so i will still be mounting a steering arm but not turning. Next i started on the water pump forming it up and glueing in position. next i bent, drilled, tapped and mounted the rear uni joint to the tail shaft. Also i finished the mount on the gearbox bracket.
Sorry for your frustration.
Looks like you've used something like "ThreeBond 5504 - Metal Repair",
a two in one metal filler adhesive epoxy we used to use at a plant I used to work at.
We used it to repair a bearing that had spun in the housing, sometimes as a permanent fix.
Anyways, your "ROD" is still extremely impressive.
thanks crowie, ones JB Weld a two part epoxy from hobby shop and the others new on marked called q-bond which is basically super glue with a filler you add to it, One filler is for metal the other for plastic.
Scotty, IIRC EUTECTIC makes a metal glue.
Good progress BTW>
For your steering arm, how about removing the bottom plate for the pivot and replace it with one piece of flat bar, with a bend and the sides ground down to make the steering arm
View Tag Cloud
Copyright © U-Beaut Enterprises 1999 - 2014. All rights reserved.
This website and its content is copyright of U-Beaut Enterprises. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: ♦ you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only ♦ you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge Woodwork Forums as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.