Thread: Stiff Twist mechanism
- 27th Sep 2011, 07:57 AM #1
Stiff Twist mechanism
I'm having a poser with the cigar pen 24ct. When joining the upper completed barrel to the lower completed barrel I'm having to force the two together.When they are together the twist mechanism won't twist smoothly without force. Also the ballpoint comes out of the nib to far. I'm probably not aware of some simple adjustment. Please help.
- 27th Sep 2011 07:57 AM # ADSAds Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- 30th Sep 2011, 06:51 PM #2
Sounds like you have some foreign matter in the coupler on the clip end, which is why your having to force the two ends together. This may of happened if you tried to glue the clip end in place. This may end up effecting the mechanism as well.
The nib coming out too far is caused by the barrel being too short. You have either put the long barrel on the wrong end or you have been too aggressive with the pen mill, trimming the barrel too far resulting in the nib coming out too far.
Let me know if you need spare components, I always keep spare parts for situations just like this.
Thanks for sharing
Timberbits.Direct Importer of pen kits. Lowest prices and largest range.
Pen kits and pen blanks - www.timberbits.com
- By Reno RSS Feed in forum DOORS, WINDOWS, ARCHITRAVES & SKIRTS ETCReplies: 0Last Post: 24th Jan 2011, 11:20 PM
- By nijiiii in forum ROUTING FORUMReplies: 9Last Post: 27th Oct 2009, 12:36 PM
- By new_guy90 in forum WOODTURNING - PEN TURNINGReplies: 13Last Post: 17th Oct 2009, 06:27 PM
- By Ashes in forum WOODTURNING - PEN TURNINGReplies: 4Last Post: 5th Oct 2008, 09:28 PM
- By Barry Hicks in forum WOODIES JOKESReplies: 1Last Post: 18th Sep 2007, 02:16 PM