Thread: Slate...replacing broken tiles
- 6th Jan 2006, 08:33 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
Slate...replacing broken tiles
G'day...I have a few broken Slate tiles on the kitchen floor...which I plan to replace...originally layed by the pros with some sort of cement type mix...not sure what is was... I have done my own slate before...and used "tile-on-timber" what are your thoughts...could I use any other adhesives for a couple of tiles? like sicaflex or something...by the way it is on a timber floor.,,Thanks.
- 6th Jan 2006 08:33 PM # ADSAds Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- 6th Jan 2006, 10:52 PM #2
For a patch job you can probably get away with a number of products, anything that will stick to both surfaces and has a bit of give should be fine. Just make sure if you a bridging a reasonable gap that the stuff will cope.
- By twomonkeys in forum FLOORING, DECKING, STUMPS, etc.Replies: 6Last Post: 6th Jun 2005, 03:57 PM
- By Don777 in forum PAINTING, PLASTERING, TILING, DECORATING, etc.Replies: 8Last Post: 28th Feb 2005, 12:27 PM
- By Don Nethercott in forum PAINTING, PLASTERING, TILING, DECORATING, etc.Replies: 2Last Post: 25th Nov 2004, 03:43 PM
- By namtrak in forum PAINTING, PLASTERING, TILING, DECORATING, etc.Replies: 13Last Post: 8th Oct 2004, 07:12 AM
- By jane99 in forum KITCHENS, BATHROOMS, THEATRES, etcReplies: 18Last Post: 14th Apr 2004, 08:43 AM