Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ueee is offline Blacksmith, Cabinetmaker, Machinist, Messmaker

Quote Originally Posted by thorens View Post
    Hi Ew.
    what size is your unit that you use for sandblasting ? i'm in a market for one that suit a small sandblast , any idea ?
    cheers
    Peter
    Hi Peter,
    Mine is a 3hp but i think it's only about 10CFM. I would aim for a 16CFM at least, since you don't have 3 phase you can't really go bigger easily. I'm tossing up whether to buy one of the cheap ebay Unimacs, or just go a second single phase unit and run them in tandem. As much as i like the Stanley Chris linked i think it may just be too small.

Ew
    1915 17"x50" LeBlond heavy duty Lathe, 24" Queen city shaper, 1970's G Vernier FV.3.TO Universal Mill, 1958 Blohm HFS 6 surface grinder, 1942 Rivett 715 Lathe, 14"x40" Antrac Lathe, Startrite H225 Bandsaw, 1949 Hercus Camelback Drill press, 1947 Holbrook C10 Lathe.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ueee View Post
    Hi Peter,
    Mine is a 3hp but i think it's only about 10CFM. I would aim for a 16CFM at least, since you don't have 3 phase you can't really go bigger easily. I'm tossing up whether to buy one of the cheap ebay Unimacs, or just go a second single phase unit and run them in tandem. As much as i like the Stanley Chris linked i think it may just be too small.

Ew
    Adding some extra tank capacity might be more helpful than you think - we were blasting with a tradetools compressor (Similar size to the OP's McMillan) that was running very high duty cycle and it popped it's thermal breaker. Thinking it had shat itself, we grabbed a mate's compressor (similar size) and plugged it into the shed's airline plumbing, discovered it was just the breaker and never switched on the second compressor - once the lines + 2 tanks had filled, the compressor ran with much reduced duty cycle while blasting - was bizzare and made no sense at all, but the extra capacity resulted in a significant reduction in duty cycle while runnign the blaster at the same duty cycle...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12