Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzie View Post
    I'd also be checking the frog is correct to the body and is in the right position, after all it didn't come from the factory with a Record blade. Is the blade bevel side down? Here is a link to a scan of some original Stanley setup documentation.
    tooltrip.com/tooltrip9/stanley/stan-bpl/edsheets.pdf
    Thanks Fuzzie, I will have a look at that. Yes, the blade is bevel down and very sharp. What effect does moving the frog have, thinner shavings? What I didn't do yesterday and I should know better is check how flat the sole is with the plane assembled so that needs doing today.
    CHRIS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Frogs and bases are not all interchangeable even within the same manufacturer as castings changed over the years. At one point I think I had a Record frog fitted to a Falcon base but couldn't adjust the frog or adjuster in any way to get the blade to take a shaving. The most obvious mismatch might be different paint colours on different parts. Mostly the frog is moved to adjust the mouth opening ahead of the blade to more or less match the thickness of shaving being taken. Among other things this will be affected by the thickness of the blade if it is replaced. (Insert all sorts of black art initiation [or obsessive experimentation] here.)
    Franklin

Chris check your sms.

Is this the one Record No. 07 Jointer Plane - Record Planes

I can go off details if it is

Glad I scrolled down vast No of images and style etc

SMS? I last looked at my mobile about 6 months ago and I have never sent an SMS! Thanks Ray but I corrected what I had mistakenly first posted and decided it was a Bailey with a Record blade. I will dig my mobile out and read the SMS and then give you a ring.
    CHRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    SMS? I last looked at my mobile about 6 months ago and I have never sent an SMS! Thanks Ray but I corrected what I had mistakenly first posted and decided it was a Bailey with a Record blade. I will dig my mobile out and read the SMS and then give you a ring.

WHEN YOU CHECK IT LAST NUMBER CALLED WILL BE MINE I THINK. ooops caps lock key locked on

No wonder yo never answer the darn thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12