Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

What are you guy's gonna do with yourselves when you finish this place??? With nowhere for all that energy and creativity to go, you might all have some sort of blowout - better get me to come and house-sit for a few years while you get over it. Love all the finishing touches Jill - keep it coming!
    Updated 8th of February 2024

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thank you Tameriska, for the feedback!

Hi TTIT...lol - I'm sure we'll find plenty to do...I have lots of artwork planned, and enough furniture projects to keep me going until the end of next year, I'd say! Steve will be happy to just have his job, and come home to relax!! For me, I can't imagine the woodwork will ever stop - I'll just have more time to help the kids build things, too, and be able to do it with more trad. joints - maybe! Recently, I thought of doing pottery so that the kids can have that opportunity...then started looking at building one of those big japanese woodburning kilns, before I pulled myself up when I looked at the house still not finished!!!! So, sorry, looks like we'll miss out on our blowout, and you'll miss out on housesitting!

Cheers,

Jill

I really like the countertop Jill! The design of it is really nice! For some reason I tried to reply earlier but it didn't let me! Weird! Can't wait to see more!
    Beryl

Thanks Beryl - glad you like it! Wonder what happened with your post - cyber hiccups?!

Okay everyone - here's where we're at right now. Steve's fitting the basins, baths, etc. - I'll show pics of that once they're not at such an ugly stage! Steve gave me a hand to fit this (and he milled it a long time ago, as well!). I've just made the biggest mess in the house (and vac'd) sanding this. Had it pretty level (had a diff. of 20 mms across the slabs) - Makita planer to get edges right thickness and level - then across the grain to take out the middle :eek: - more along the grain, then RO sander. Should have filled all the cracks while outside, too. Used Triton glue and the fine jarrah sawdust from out of the sander. I'd started filling the cracks with wax filler sticks and after the first minute, figured it would take me about 2 days to fill them all - so used the glue instead! To join the slabs, we used a type of Aquadhere glue that all foamed up and is waterproof. Jigsaw set at an angle to cut the end wonky. The jarrah isn't REAL curly - just enough to rip out when planing in places - even with new blades in and set fine!
    This has only had one flood coat of tung oil - will do another couple, fine sanding between, then rub on 6 or so coats.
    Oh, and just threw in a pastel painting I just did the other day amongst the sawdust work - just for fun. I've changed the foreground a bit since I took this, tho' - softened the grass in the shade of the tree and made it look further away, etc. Just so you know I won't have a blowout when the building work stops, TTIT - then I can DRAW buildings!

Cheers,
    Jill

And that is how it looks after one coat only???!!! Gotta love that Jarrah

Looking really good Jill

Cheers
    Wendy

Yet another fantastic eye-catcher - is there a single area of the house that won't have some sort of outstanding feature to it??? It'll be a cut-lunch job just to give someone a tour of the place! Great stuff Jill.

:confused::confused: Damned if I can work out how you find time to draw as well though!!!! :confused::confused:
    Updated 8th of February 2024

Nice Jill! That wood looks great! I've never done anything with Jarrah.
    Good job with the pastel painting too! I found that rusty ol' bucket!!!! Did you not put in that rusty truck?
    Cheers, Beryl

Thanks Wendy - plenty more jarrah to come, yet!,
    TTIT - so when are you bringing your cut lunch?!!
    & Beryl - I thought the truck would make the pic too 'fussy', so decided to leave it out!

Now for some more pics - tho' if I waited another few days, most of these things would be finished!

Cheers,
    Jill

The mosaic is really nice Jill!! And that kitchen!!! It's coming along very nice!
    Beryl

Thanks Beryl! Nice to have some most things finished - apart from handles! I'm glad you like our kitchen!

Steve's fitted the other bath - ready for me to tile, now! He built a little alcove into it for me, too - for the girls to put their shampoos, etc. in (pics in a week or two when I tile it!) I've done some more on the kitchen this week - and hope to finish most of it tomorrow - apart from drawers & doors. Top still to go on top of the coffee cup'd (that sits on the top of the timber benchtop), and some more sealing to do inside some of the cup'ds. I just gave this a coat of Danish oil this afternoon. The open section with no shelves (in pic taken from inside the kitchen) is to be drawers, and the top jarrah framework will also be a secret drawer to hold the knives - I'll make it so you have to open the drawer below it to open it. A big chopping block will sit in the centre of the kitchen, too. The pic of the sink I took through the little window recesses in the stove alcove.

Cheers,
    Jill

Have you decided on your floor coverings yet?

Hi Harry - thanks for your reply! Because we have in-slab heating, we are tiling the floor - in a terracotta look ceramic. We'll lay the ones in the main living area on the diagonal. Steve is hoping to give me a hand with those next week, as he has the week off work. In the meantime, I have 3 cupboards to finish, so you don't have to guess what I'll be doing all next week!

Cheers,
    Jill

It's awesome Jill!! I love the wood combo you have in the second pic!! The kitchen is turing out great!!
    Beryl

Thanks, Beryl! I like the Marri and Jarrah together, too! Hope I can do it well enough! I know that probably only about 5% of people would like what I like - for most it would be too rustic, so it's good to get your feedback!

Here are a couple of shots of our tiling efforts of part of today's work.

By the way - MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE - and a big thank you to the hosts and moderators of this great forum!!

Cheers,

Jill

very nice! I like the pattern! Did you make that up or get the idea somewhere else?
    Beryl