G'day
Could I have some advice please about how to correctly attach bracing to the main structure. I hope my photo's came through, otherwise nobody will have a clue what I'm on about.
If they did, well from pic3 you can see what I am up to. I am 1/3 of the way through putting up a free standing deck in my shed. Car to go underneath. Storage above.
I nearly have the lot clamped in a vertical & horizontal position ready for fixing the bracing. Knee braces will be at 4 corners. If you look at pic-c, I have blown up one corner & drawn in red where the brace will go. The brace (4"x2") will of course be attached at points labeled A.
I intend to use only one 10 mm bolt at each end of the brace. One fully through the first Joist (4"x2") which itself is bolted to the post, & one fully through the post (4"x4").
What I am after is confirmation that one tie (bolt) at each end of the brace is enough. I have been told that there must be 2 ties at each end of the brace. I would agree with this if the ties were screws. But I 'm using bolts. Any comments.

There will be more bracing by the way; won't just be relying on knee bracing.

Another question while I have some experienced attention. Should I fix the posts to the slab now (intend to use angle brackets & dyna bolts) , while I have the whole structure in a clamped vertical & horizontal position, before I start with the timber bracing or attach to the slab after the bracing. I feel 95 % sure I should fix the post to the slab now before bracing.
Thanks for any advice.

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...