Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default grizzly machinery

hi all, after reading a few posts on tablesaws and the poor quality instruction manuals that are supplied with some, some people have recommended looking up the grizzly website for instructions.
    going on their website, they have a lot more machinery on offer than a lot of the machinery stores here.
    has anybody bought any machinery from them, and were they happy with it?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I thought the same thing but couldn't see how anything heavy could be transported economically.

Default Just for interest

If you are interested I was introduced to this website a while ago. I was frustrated at not being able to buy some items direct from the states. I haven't tried it out myself. It seems to allow
    http://www.priceusa.com.au/

Elwood Beauchamp offers a reliable and cheap reshipping service from the USA.
    I believe that several other forum members have also used Elwood's service.

Not sure that any way you handle it, shipping heavy equipment from the US is going to be cheap or practical.

Quote Originally Posted by snowyskiesau View Post
    Elwood Beauchamp offers a reliable and cheap reshipping service from the USA.
    I believe that several other forum members have also used Elwood's service.

Not sure that any way you handle it, shipping heavy equipment from the US is going to be cheap or practical.
    as well as electrical issues.

The following company offers a re-shipping service. They are a substantial outfit that re-ships worldwide. You can buy directly from the internet vendor and they give you a USA address that you use for your purchases. If the merchant only takes USA sourced credit cards (rare), they can buy it for you with very little cost. They do not add a percentage, only nominal fixed fees, Shipping costs are OK but I think they must get a kickback because of the very large volume that they do

The catch is that they only seem to ship via express courier or airmail which rules out any heavy machinery. There is a shipping calculator so that you can work out in advance what its going to cost you before you buy an item.

I have used Myus.com personally for a few years now and they are totally realiable in my experince.

As an example, I just bought an Incra Miter Express and Incra 1000SE Miter gauge for around $250 US (for both items together) from Amazon.com. I gave Amazon my nominated USA address and they also accepted my Aussie credit card. It will cost me around $50 for delivery to AUS and $14 from Amazon to the USA address.

http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi
    Last edited by TP1; 8th August 2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: price clarification